This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Yard Sale
Anybody else tired of giving 5 pics of 10" trout, googled tits, watches, guns, and the same not funny pic of Pi pie a pass? I realize a lot of shitheads can't even get that far, but I think a lot of sheep get through the doors just following the one in front of them.

It has been suggested before and I'm bringing it back up.

Hows about posting a TR as an intro. I find more and more I'm here for the killer TRs, so why not just judge folks on what this place is built on?

Hot spot, tell us what size fly or tippet, # of fish caught, lunchables and budwiser? GTFO.

To me a solid TR says more about somebody new than any "meet the protocol" BS we have now.

Just a thought.....jrunk and watching deliverance
By Spicytuna
I agree 100%, that is what this place is made of. Anyone (sadly very few) can throw up a lifetime of pics and some tits. They need to bring a good TR and show they will be able to add content.

With ya on this one
By Pedorro
With all due respect I think the current format allows a newb to put their best foot forward from a lifetime of moments. Part of what I like about current intros are the home water shots, scenery etc.big fish and occasionally a crash and burn but mostly the creativity and wit that some dudes show.
A decent member will eventually post a decent TR anyway and likely a few per year.

Besides, why lower the bar? We are already low enough.

Though I lurked for a couple years before chiming in, it appears as though the intro process has evolved over time to the its present level of Sukness. I must admit that it was fun to try to do it right and figure out what you guys wanted from my intro. I had to do my homework. In doing that homework the newb can't avoid having a clear understanding of the culture (lack of) around here. I don't think that I want to see a TR from every fucktard that drops in to show off and leave. That's no different than the morons who just stop to sell us done used shit without saying hi.
I think if every lurker on this board only had to post a TR then you see a hell of allot more 10" fishies IMHO.
I say haze the bastages as always!
Now if you said that every member should post at least 1 TR every year that would be great. They should want to anyway. I seldom ever see guys trash any TR. ( unless maybe the guy put a friggin cork handle in his mouth)
Can get what you are talking about on IA site. I don't need to hear about some dick catching a 24" on 7 x tippet in August while he waxes poetic about tweed and shit and speak Latin.
Having said that, sometimes the pile-ons get a little carried away.
My 2c
Last edited by Pedorro on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SLSS
I'm with Yard. Tired of the intro process, and the quick to bash newbs jumping into the spat line so soon.

A good trip report will give a much better idea of what folks are gong to bring.

And fuck this idea that you have to follow directions to the letter to be here. I'd be an accountant now if I thought that way.

A really shitty, bitter accountant.
By Bobwhite
For what it's worth... I'm with Yard, for many the same reasons that SLSS has stated.

I think a good and classy TR says much more about a guy than any amount of googled tits, pie, ginger (though, I do love the ginger) and a shot of his watch.

I'd like to suggest, however, that we hold newbies to the same high standards that we currently do (insert laugh track - here)... but for real content and not the fluff.

Having said this... it makes me a little sad.

I'm not good with change.

I mean... what about the DSFK?

Basically, I'll do what I do now... look into the newbies soul and decide if he's worthy.
By Yard Sale
Isn't DSFK part of every good TR?
By K_P
Bobwhite wrote:For what it's worth... I'm with Yard, for many the same reasons that SLSS has stated.

I think a good and classy TR says much more about a guy than any amount of googled tits, pie, ginger (though, I do love the ginger) and a shot of his watch.

I'd like to suggest, however, that we hold newbies to the same high standards that we currently do (insert laugh track - here)... but for real content and not the fluff.

Having said this... it makes me a little sad.

I'm not good with change.

I mean... what about the DSFK?

Basically, I'll do what I do now... look into the newbies soul and decide if he's worthy.
All of this.

As far as the DSFK is concerned, it's a tradition that has basically come and gone. Before anybody gets too righteous with me, let me state that I have DSFK bumper stickers (yeah, I know, pretty special huh?!?) and I've met Kyner, fished with him, and shared a campfire. Hell, I even donated a guided trip to his TU chapter the summer before last.

Why the resume'? To make this point: Kyner doesn't even come to this forum anymore (or, if he does, he only lurks.) I don't think we're going to chafe anybody's butt if we don't pay homage anymore. Besides, if we can google tits and pie, we can certainly look on the shoulder of the road if we want to see dead shit, Kyner or no.

Quality TR's, and the hope to someday fish with the quality people who post them, are what this place is about. :cool
By WanderingBlues
Beating Bruce Lee is fun, and spot checking the requirements being met is always good for a laugh. But, at the end of the day, it's about the fish and the effort of catching them. I'd say keep it real. Someone posting up a hook jaw, showing good taste in booze and back country cooking, and putting up landscape shots of places I hope to see is better than googled T&A seven days a week. It's the real shit that gets you a pass to sit around the fire and enjoy the camradrie with a tribe that has deemed your passion worthy. X2 to Yard Sale.
By fatman
austrotard wrote:trs with kettles... I can dig it.
and tits :smile
By RFA
I like how Yard Sale is always a tinge more surly than I am. It is difficult, but I imagine him pounding away at the keys whilst grumbling about something,dimly lit room filled with smoke, ash tray overflowing with butts. It's a good visual.

I'm all for closing the doors, pushing a chair back under the doorknob, snuffing the pilot light, and turning the stove on high. We've already proven that a retarded mustachioed Australian can be reincarnated....what's the worst thing that can happen?

I did get yours and SLSS’s flies today, and […]

Pour a sip

Marie Fredrikkson...she had the look And she wasn&[…]

So I got to tinkering the other day... and calcul[…]

Never forget.

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine