Throwback Thursday - Diggin' In The Crates

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fishskibum

Re: Throwback Thursday - Diggin' In The Crates

Post by fishskibum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 am

theres always a debate when someone dies in an avalanche or white water
usually from Monday morning armchair qb's
who like to think they don't make mistakes with potentially grave consequences
5 to 1
1 to 5
no one here gets out alive
and given my choice tween shit I love
and don't
easy answer
I was blessed to float American creek a late june /july a decade or so ago with my pops, a husband/wife couple of er docs from new orleans and a couple guides
we were the first ones down that year and dealt with a few sweeper jams but extremely manageable flows
on the list near the top of cool shit ive floated and would do again
thanks for the throwback stories
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 am

... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm

^^^^^^

classic
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:37 pm

Before CE was huge
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose