This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Good camera has been in the shop so phone pics during crappy weather is all I have, but dammit it's been too good not to share.

Opening day was solid.Image

But then other obligations kept me from the field until the ice storm shut down school, and everything else, last week The wife said I was insane, an addict and likely to kill her precious baby when we pulled out and headed into the storm at 3:00 am. The boy and the dog thought maybe she was right. They came along anyway.Image

About 45 minutes later the boy agreed with me that ice was indeed nice. Limits of mallards with sprig and gadwalls as the "scrap ducks."

The dog still thought I was nuts, but he played along.

Ended up making it home in time for the annual Christmas tree battles.

And finished with some teal scalopinne.

Last edited by Muddled Duck on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Shufisher
Pretty awesome right there. And teal scalopinne is just fun to say.
By Bobwhite
Now... that's the way to do it!

Lovely country you live in...
By Muddled Duck
fly-chucker wrote:dog looks like he wants to stab you in the fuck :smile
And I couldn't blame him. Poor fucker hadn't put on his winter coat yet, and I realized his neoprene vest was in the attic rather than the garage when we were rushing ti get away from the house. Amazing though how much his fur has thickened in the last week.

Since this is a fishing site, I meant to add this from our last fishing trip of the year.Image
By mrl0004
Good stuff. Hope your son knows how lucky he is! :cool
By Muddled Duck
The big freeze finally lost its grip, and the boy and I took advantage. Headed out yesterday and had to bust our way through to the pit.Image

Didn't take long for birds to start showing up. Specks are my favorite geese, and this young one will make a great meal.Image

Shot "good ducks" and limits of specks Saturday, and today was a spoonapalooza. The boy was mean muggin'.Image

Despite clouds hurting our hunt today, the weekend kill looks pretty good on the wall.Image
By Bobwhite
MOST AWESOME!
By Muddled Duck
Missed hunting most of the holidays, but we finally got to camp for a five day stretch late last week. Good thing too since our fields will be frozen all the way to the dirt by tomorrow. Every day was good in its own way, but Sunday was one of those epic flight days we all dream of.

Just thought a few of you might be interested in what was happening in the Arkansas rice fields.
nice sprig.
:cool

WEDNESDAY, JULY 22 It was warm and pleasant when […]

that keith richards meme is greatness.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50213454438_e[…]

Waters of the United States.

Apparently the Pebble Mine poses no threat and is […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine