This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Gremlin
sorry for the spam, but this is not my area of specialty. I am tired of buying cheap Timexs that don't last (the bands/pins always go out on me, often under 1 year). So, for the man who can not afford a Rolex.... can you list some companies that make good, but not outrageously priced analog watches. Keep in mind, that I will be shopping at Lost Coast Outfitters, lol.....

G
By Spicytuna
Gremlin wrote:sorry for the spam, but this is not my area of specialty. I am tired of buying cheap Timexs that don't last (the bands/pins always go out on me, often under 1 year). So, for the man who can not afford a Rolex.... can you list some companies that make good, but not outrageously priced analog watches. Keep in mind, that I will be shopping at Lost Coast Outfitters, lol.....

G
http://www.amazon.com/Bulova-96A107-Aut ... tch+square

And damn its on sale, she paid way more that what its going for right now.

Wife got me this for our wedding. single most complimented thing I have ever owned and is a battle tank, no batteries either its a wind watch.

my 2 cents

Not sure if Lost Coast carries it but its a good deal.
By SouthFork
Give up the analog and get a Casio Pathfinder. Its bomb proof. Survived fine sheetrock dust on two house remodels. Lots of days on the water, and everything else thrown in. Its big, its a little bulky but I swear you could use it as a hammer in a pinch. I have constantly worn it for about 3 or 4 years now, and never had a problem with it.

I don't know how to operate more than a few things on it, but its still been a great watch.
By Lurgee
I'm rough on stuff and historically have destroyed watches in no time whatsoever.

However, upon reading this post I looked down at the Citizen I've been wearing for the last 8 years and realized I've done nothing to it other than reset it for daylight savings time and many time zone jumps. Been bulletproof as far as I'm concerned.
By The Wandering Blues
Reasonable cost, I would consider either a Suunto (digital) or a Luminox (analog). Either are bombproof and have street cred when it comes to adventure. You'll spend $300 and up, but should stay under $500 with enough options.
By Spicytuna
Glista wrote:Solar powered
What if its raining????
By fallen513
I'd skip the solar option. The batteries are expensive and it's easy to fry the circuitry when replacing them due to the nature of the battery being rechargeable.

Can't go wrong with a Pathfinder though... Love Casio.

Need more criteria. Budget, dress or function, etc.
By dunk
Omega Seamaster - beat this shit out of this one for years. Sent it back to them a few months ago and got it back looking showroom new. bunch of new springs, new crown and other mechanical shit in it too.

Suunto Core - I'm not bright enough to figure it out but it seems like it can do some cool shit. WB - show me how to use the thing over a pint of IPA sometime...

Wife just got me a Shinola - bad ass and made in Detroit for a reasonable price...
By Woolybug25
Glista wrote:I’m with SouthFork on the Casio. I have had a G-sock for 5 or 6 years now. Tough, water proof, Solar powered.

http://www.shopcasio.com/category/watch ... ns-watches
Count me in too! Atomic time, so you never have to set it either. Pair that with never having to change the battery (solar recharge), being waterproof and being shockproof... and you have a kick ass watch.
Spicytuna wrote:
Glista wrote:Solar powered
What if its raining????
I originally bought mine in Colorado, so I was worried about this when I moved to Buffalo, but never had a problem. I'm sure Charlie will echo that sentiment. If you don't have to worry about it in Buffalo (or MI, for that matter), then you don't have to worry about it anywhere.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Munn’s Claret Muddler https://live.sta[…]

It reminds me of the time Kyner and Heero went[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

mine went to post last Thurs. sounds like G is ha[…]

A Drakian's dog, no doubt. But I'd do it again.j[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine