This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By AftonAngler
OK how about a thread for all things wood?

I'll start...

Hello, I'm AA...and I've got a wood boat problem...

That's a Thompson Bros. built in Peshtigo, WI in about 1950. She was in a barn for the past 40plus years. I got a chubby when I walked in on her...yes, Hello Darling! The guy I skinned her off of had no idea what he was giving up. He told me his Uncle was a mommas boy and was spoiled. Uncle had a few of these and never used em...

Lucky Me! :Roll Eyes

It's called a Take Along. She's 12' and about 90#'s and is a perfect car topper and will get put into service as a backcountry musky bogger in May. Possibly even a troot boat sooner!

I'll prolly have to sand her down and repaint the canvass...it's in good shape, only one minor tare to fix. For now I'll just keep the ugly duck-bote paint just cuz I think of my buddy B.M. Barrelcooker and might want to shoot some woodies out of her this autumn. Eventually she'll get stripped - as all sexy gals should - and purtied up again.

There's more - of course there's more! If ya been down in the basement then ya know I've been busy this winter on another fine piece...that ones nearing completion. She's a real high falutin type gal...showy and I've debated about her future.

I'll dump a full progress report on here when she gets all done. Sorry to tease!

:cool

Now - let's see what y'all make outa wood and enjoy!

Thanks for playing along :cheer
By Gremlin
looking forward to seeing the final result!
By flybug.pa.
only high falutin if the relectors are on. VERY nice rig!!
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Oh man. She is a beauty. Leave her like she is.

My wife said I'm the only person she knows that would spend a few years lusting over a wenonah canoe and then paint it mud brown the first week.

I want to ride in this boat !!

Let us know when you christen her .
By Ruddy Duck
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
My wife said I'm the only person she knows that would spend a few years lusting over a wenonah canoe and then paint it mud brown the first week.
Oh no you didn't?!
By austrotard
I'd sand that fucker back, flame it with a blowtorch, lightly sand and seal it again.

by the by, I've more wood than rolf harris at a rainbow loom advert audition.
By Hogleg
austrotard wrote:

Had to look it up but it was worth it.

Sometimes you make me belly laugh you fucker.
By BigTimber
austrotard wrote:I'd sand that fucker back, flame it with a blowtorch, lightly sand and seal it again.

lol
By chadroc
beautiful boat double a.

maple wood. tree form. bleeding out sap.

whatcha tying?

EAFBF7A3-214E-43B7-B0FF-17DC654C1410.jpeg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine