This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By DizzyDean
In a few days I'll be heading north to meet a buddy in Portlandia, then we're heading east through Whydaho into Montana. Gonna fish there maybe a week in various tribs of the Mo and higher, then heading into Wyo for maybe a week roughly around Cody. We'll be coming bearing gifts of brown liquor, flyties and could possibly be wearing fancy tweed jackets if it is the permitted dress code.

As a little feller I'd read the stories from my old Jack Dennis Western Trout Fly Tying manual. (and the updated one with all the guest tyers) and dreamt of all these places. Dudes like LaFontaine, Troth and Sanchez were my heroes. I've been doing this fly pole stuff for pushing 30 years and have never been able to hit these areas. Something always got in the way. Car would break down, family member would die, seriously bad timing always came up every time. Everything is OK currently, got a little funds stashed away. Fingers crossed no calamities happen. I feel kinda like I'm making a trip to Mecca. If any of you miscreants want to engage in some fly pole faggotry, want a few free flyties or leech some of my booze, you're more then welcome. Send me a PM.

I'm going to be having a blast no matter what. :smile

I'll follow up with pics of the adventure here.

payment for your time

Last edited by DizzyDean on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Bruiser
PM Thndr.

A stick like you will catch fish but why wait until the end of October?

Al Troth (RIP) had an Elk Hair Caddis painted real big on his garage door. I am pretty old so maybe that's just a dream I had. Someone here should know.
By DizzyDean
Bruiser wrote: you will catch fish but why wait until the end of October?

I was working, this is the time Ive been lucky enough to have free. Sure I'd love to be there in June, or the end of September, but I'm pretty much guiding every day around then.

Thanks for the insight, I'll keep my eyes open for the big elk hair.
By Lando
Shoot me a PM.........we need to chat.
By Upsetter
Timing is perfect. Everyone dons their orange starting Saturday. Park closes and tourons start leaving in two weeks. Shoot me a pm as you head thru.
By MTgrayling
DizzyDean wrote:
Bruiser wrote: Thanks for the insight, I'll keep my eyes open for the big elk hair.
The big elk hair caddis is gone... but you can recycle nearby.

and Dillon is fucked straight up airtight, every hole.
By Lando
MTgrayling wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
Bruiser wrote: Thanks for the insight, I'll keep my eyes open for the big elk hair.
The big elk hair caddis is gone... but you can recycle nearby.

and Dillon is fucked straight up airtight, every hole.

This is disheartening, because I was planning on being over that way Saturday.

Dang.
By MTgrayling
taco bus = pork carnitas

Keep calm and fish on...
By markl
Just saw this. Can't help, but your payment was outstandingly generous. Particularly for those that cannot help.

Hope you find some equally outstanding water.
By Lando
I had drinks with DD last night and needless to say, I think he is finding the water wet.
Huge Weekend

That was huge. Pie, chicken friendly. But who vi[…]

I do not respond to pms

Apparently I haven’t spoken since 11/2019 🤷&[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Cheech’s Stoneflopper https://live.sta[…]

Attitude

Your handle here now makes sense.

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine