This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By fly-chucker
Josh doesn't like you, does he?
By Average Joe
Jeff_rito wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 am Hello All,

Happy June!

I'm completely new to this forum. Josh at Gates Lodge (Grayling MI) recommended I try here for help to a personal crisis.

I've been a one rod man my whole life, being the proud owner a a humble 7'9 5 wt. Orvis Green Mountain. I received it for my 12th birthday in '93. This past Saturday evening I lost the top section while floating in a tandem kayak. We went into some brush, you know the rest.

Wondering if anybody out there has a green mountain of this vintage that they are willing to sell? Or better yet, anybody happen to have a broken butt section and a good top?? That part ultimately doesn't matter, but it'd make for a feel good ending.

Much thanks to all!
pm jhnnythndr
By Kfoxwyo
Butt and looking for a good top...sounds like a Craigs list missed connections sort of inquiry..
By mitch aka 2 fish

Happy June!

I'm completely new to this forum. Josh at Gates Lodge (Grayling MI) recommended I try here for help to a personal crisis.

I've been a one rod man my whole life, being the proud owner a a humble 7'9 5 wt. Orvis Green Mountain. I received it for my 12th birthday in '93. This past Saturday evening I lost the top section while floating in a tandem kayak. We went into some brush, you know the rest.

Wondering if anybody out there has a green mountain of this vintage that they are willing to sell? Or better yet, anybody happen to have a broken butt section and a good top?? That part ultimately doesn't matter, but it'd make for a feel good ending.

Much thanks to all!
the so fucking (easy) gayness bits

so now tell me again how your fellow countryman isn't a total social retard.

another question one cannot answer for fear of the 'staring you in your fucking face' truth, hey.

four more years!
too soon? well pour a fucking sip then. twats.
By -G-
mitch aka 2 fish wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Happy June!

Much thanks to all!
the so fucking (easy) gayness bits

so now tell me again how your fellow countryman isn't a total social retard.

another question one cannot answer for fear of the 'staring you in your fucking face' truth, hey.

four more years!
too soon? well pour a fucking sip then. twats.

Finally, you’re back to making me spit my coffee out again. Only took you 400 posts of finger diarrhea. :wink :cool
By Nemo
Mornin' fellas... (Where it is still mornin'...)

I haven't checked in here for... what? a year? Two years? Whatever, I know none of you fuckstains missed me anyway. But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part: "Please delete my one and only post here... God, I was just looking for help with a problem. What a community..."

I shared with him in my own way that: A) This isn't a "community" it's a cell block. And B) This wouldn't be my first destination of choice if I was looking to solve a problem. If I was looking to GAIN a problem? Definitely. Come here for that.

Hope you all are doing shitty. Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right? I miss the golden days of this place, but I 'preciate you all keeping The Suck afloat. If nothing else, it gives all the podcasters a question to ask me that they never ask anyone else. Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)

FYI: We're actually launching a new Drake website here in the near future ("near future" at The Drake always being a relative term, of course), probably later this month. But never fear: This pisshole will remain the same worthless time-and-soul-sucking shitbox it's always been. This place is so old now that it'll probably become cool again, like, to hipsters or something, sorta like vinyl and record players.

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
By Average Joe
Nemo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm Mornin' fellas... (Where it is still mornin'...)

I haven't checked in here for... what? a year? Two years? Whatever, I know none of you fuckstains missed me anyway. But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part: "Please delete my one and only post here... God, I was just looking for help with a problem. What a community..."

I shared with him in my own way that: A) This isn't a "community" it's a cell block. And B) This wouldn't be my first destination of choice if I was looking to solve a problem. If I was looking to GAIN a problem? Definitely. Come here for that.

Hope you all are doing shitty. Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right? I miss the golden days of this place, but I 'preciate you all keeping The Suck afloat. If nothing else, it gives all the podcasters a question to ask me that they never ask anyone else. Mitch, you definitely deserve some dickhead hall of fame trophy, for your longevity if nothing else. (IS there a Dickhead Hall of Fame? There should be. Who'd be in it? Now that's a great campfire-debate starter.)

FYI: We're actually launching a new Drake website here in the near future ("near future" at The Drake always being a relative term, of course), probably later this month. But never fear: This pisshole will remain the same worthless time-and-soul-sucking shitbox it's always been. This place is so old now that it'll probably become cool again, like, to hipsters or something, sorta like vinyl and record players.

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
Are you going to make it to the luau this year?
By LA Fly Guy
Nemo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right?

Fuck off, all ya'll!!

Tom
Whoa, wait a minute. There's a magazine?
By Ruddy Duck
Nemo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm But I had to share that I woke up to an email from Jeff, who posted here about his missing rod part:
Jeff was being serious about the missing rod?

If I ever get interviewed on a podcast, I'll probably casually work it into all conversations.

"You were on a podcast? How cool...."

"I'm sorry, did I say 'podcast'? I meant 'podcasts'."
By Randall Dee
Nemo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm Do any of you even read the magazine anymore? You DO know there's a magazine, right?
You should rename it the Tom Bie Journal since you seem to write most of the stuff in it. After my subscription ran out I never renewed it. Like this web site, it just got kind of stale.

Have I missed some really fresh stories about Clyde? :coffee

whoa... no need to be mean.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine