Radius Creek TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ScottP

Radius Creek TR

Post by ScottP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 am

Visited the ortho on Monday. He said the arm was healing well and I should be able to resume most normal activity within a month; I take that to mean “do what you want” so it’s time to see how the limb is going to hold up handling the wading stick.

Hard to believe we had a nasty thunderstorm just a few hours ago (it’s twin will shut me down later in the day)

I’ll wait a few more weeks ‘till the 2020’s come out and see if they’re willing to deal to move stock sitting on the lot

Signs say the road is closed 10 miles up, which is where things get interesting, so I spend a little time on the lower section before heading to option B.

Nothing big down here but the natives are looking up

I have no idea what it’s called but it worked

Head back down the road to another blue line; flows are still good (it’s been a fairly wet, cool summer here so far) but it’s easy enough to get from one side to the other, when necessary.

A hard rejection on foam so I switch to an ungulate thing and take one still in spawning colors

A few more good holes

And a few more cutts

But the light’s gone off the water, temps drop and thunder starts booming. Since I don’t want them to find my body in a logjam with 9’ of graphite fused to my arm, I beat a hasty retreat. I wait out the worst of it in the truck; by the time I get back it looks like someone needs to find the snow shovel

I’d do it but I’ve got this broken arm...
Last edited by ScottP on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter

The Wandering Blues

Re: Radius Creek TR

Post by The Wandering Blues » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:37 am

Man, I love that type of water. It’s going to be good for you through Autumn. Makes me excited to gtfo of the desert and head north.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

markl

Post by markl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:41 am

Nice. Tight waters with fast narrow runs filled with logs and Bows, and Cutties sitting up against the banks. I love it!
BTW, it looks like those snocats won't be dropping in price anytime soon. Just sayin.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 am

What I would do to be out west right now...
Nice cutts and I would take that snow!
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Headed that way in a couple days. Family has been saying how nice of a summer it's been so far. Welcome news, after so many back to back years of rough fire seasons.
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

ScottP

Post by ScottP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 pm

stillsteamin wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Headed that way in a couple days. Family has been saying how nice of a summer it's been so far. Welcome news, after so many back to back years of rough fire seasons.

So far, so good. Our daughter came out in early July this year, after being shut out of Glacier the past 2 years because of smoke and fire. Got some good hikes in (in the rain) and even managed to score a mid-day parking spot at Logan Pass; got there in the middle of a nasty hail storm which kept the crowds away.
Enjoy your trip.
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter