Hard to believe we had a nasty thunderstorm just a few hours ago (it’s twin will shut me down later in the day)
I’ll wait a few more weeks ‘till the 2020’s come out and see if they’re willing to deal to move stock sitting on the lot
Signs say the road is closed 10 miles up, which is where things get interesting, so I spend a little time on the lower section before heading to option B.
Nothing big down here but the natives are looking up
I have no idea what it’s called but it worked
Head back down the road to another blue line; flows are still good (it’s been a fairly wet, cool summer here so far) but it’s easy enough to get from one side to the other, when necessary.
A hard rejection on foam so I switch to an ungulate thing and take one still in spawning colors
A few more good holes
And a few more cutts
But the light’s gone off the water, temps drop and thunder starts booming. Since I don’t want them to find my body in a logjam with 9’ of graphite fused to my arm, I beat a hasty retreat. I wait out the worst of it in the truck; by the time I get back it looks like someone needs to find the snow shovel
I’d do it but I’ve got this broken arm...