Heads up...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Obie

Heads up...

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 am

Fuck me. Looks like our buddies in Washington want to torch comment periods for public lands.

The Trump administration is quietly trying to strip public input from the decision-making process used by the U.S. Forest Service. Doing so would mean that logging companies could clear-cut at many as 4,200 acres at a time, and you wouldn’t know about it until you turned up at your favorite spot to find it decimated...the proposed rule would allow the Forest Service to green-light the clear-cutting of 6.5 square miles of old-growth forest without conducting an environmental analysis, soliciting public input, or notifying the public ahead of time. The proposed rule would allow the Forest Service to construct roads through that 6.5-square-mile area without an environmental analysis, soliciting public input, or notifying the public. It could do the same with pipelines.
Read the full article: https://www.outsideonline.com/2400593/u ... commenting. There's a handy tool put together by the Southern Environmental Law Center (link in the article) for getting in touch with your state's legislators...for what that's worth.

fishskibum

Re: Heads up...

Post by fishskibum » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:53 am

"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

CC Riebeeck

Post by CC Riebeeck » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:02 am

#winning

Eider

Post by Eider » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:26 am

I can't imagine this will go very far. Hopefully the courts see this new "rule" for what it is, an absurd twisting and weakening of NEPA and a violation of the spirit of NFMA and the Multiple-Use Sustained Yield Act. But I've been wrong before...

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 am

330million+ don't give a flying fuck about your forest.

we want our whoppers!

seriously. ask in the street what one would prefer.
the answers may supplies you.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:08 am

fuck whoppers wendys ftw
yo mitch
wheres the fish?
aka no fish
bish
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 am

supplies! no fish.

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 am

mitch aka 2 fish wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 am

seriously. ask in the street what one would prefer.
the answers may supplies you.
And herein lies the problem. :bomb
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:44 am

Never mind policies, this administration is a disaster for the individual's ability to stay informed and provide input on the management of our public resources. Every day it seems something else gets removed from our purview. Public comment periods shortened, eliminated, or when they can't be, just flat out ignored. The man who made it into the white house by promising the small minds among us that he would "drain the swamp" has done more for this country's oligarchs than anyone else before him. Insecurity and fear are incredible political tools, the public almost clamors to give up its rights to anyone who promises to keep the wolves from the door.

Meanwhile he's letting the snakes in the back...
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Juan es un pescado

Post by Juan es un pescado » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

An old tactic: Cut the budget, then complain about the service....

Meanwhile, he appointed a man who fronted a group that believes the government should not own or manage any land as "Acting" head the BLM....

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/st ... lic-lands/

mitch aka 2 fish

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 pm

seattle. pffft.

substitute pole opposite horseshit.

lap it up, call it the gospel.
united right down the middle. as many do.

that’s math.
take four like-minded people and watch them divide into two teams because they need be heard.
united!