Any help in NoCal?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Kfoxwyo

Re: Any help in NoCal?

Post by Kfoxwyo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm

I tried to fish here in CA for the first few years and I am sure there are some? great spots...I quit fishing here when I went to a blue ribbon on Christmas Day thinking there would be fewer people..now I fly to Bozeman and can be fishing that same evening...also seems like everyone adopted my problem solving..Fuck so many people in SW Montana. Which I know I am part of that problem. But there is a 97 Jeep Cherokee in a storage unit for you Flashback if you need a break from Cali...
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

LTFI

Post by LTFI » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:57 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:06 pm
I'd head up around Chico
BM has the right idea. There's a brewery and college wimens that walk around half nekkid. There's fishing too if your into that.

Wait for it to cool down a bit if you want to do the trout thing (without a bobber). I fish lakes or bass this time of year.

If you make it that far(or nearly that far) I can help.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:07 pm

$5.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:08 pm

it really is the most annoying thing, hey.

LTFI

Post by LTFI » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 pm

:coffee

mitch aka 2 fish

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 pm

it being the invoice, sook.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:12 pm

Gremlin wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm
I've been here (Bay Area) for 4.5 years now. Hardly touched a rod in 4 years, b/c of .... well, that is another topic.

if anyone has any suggestions for wadable waters in about a 2.5 to 4.5 hour drive on North San Jose, please PM me.

I need some sanity. I literally dream of fishing about every night. Dog I miss CO, and Willi.

for your trouble: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

can't remember how to embed, sorry.
Hmmm...

Not long after you moved out here, I invited you, Cornholio, augustwest, Brad Bohen, and some others over my to my place for food and drink, which you seemed to enjoy.

In May of 2015 you attended Tuna's Big Mouth Bake, where you met Spicytuna, DizzyDean, Tangled, This Old Porch, and some lurkers.

Cornholio and augustwest attended as well.

All solid guys who know the NorCal fisheries as well as anyone.

Since then I've neither seen nor heard from you.

And yet now - four years later - you want free and easy info on places to go fishing.

My suggestion is that you move back to Colorado.

You and Willi deserve each other.

On your way to the airport, please be so kind as to drop off my brother's frying pan.

It's the one he left behind at the 2015 Big Mouth Bake so you'd all have something to cook with, and you promised to drop it off at my house the following week.

I know it's been awhile, so I've attached some photos that might help jog your memory.
My brother's frying pan.jpg
My brother's frying pan.jpg (140.58 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Also my brother's frying pan.jpg
Also my brother's frying pan.jpg (189.61 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Best of luck to you.

mitch aka 2 fish

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 pm

wait a sec.

we can get (all of) our stuff back?
well fuck my old boots ragged.

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:44 pm

mitch aka 2 fish wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 pm
wait a sec.

we can get (all of) our stuff back?
That has yet to be determined, but my guess is....

no.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:39 am

I’m guessing this has very little to do with the pan.

Joe, you should have just sent him to Putah!
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 am

yard4sale wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:39 am
I’m guessing this has very little to do with the pan.
I can't say that's true, because it was my brother's pan, and he didn't offer to leave it behind.

Those who were still around asked if they could borrow it, because they knew that once Cornholio, my brother and I left camp they wouldn't have a pot or a pan to piss in, much less anything they could use to fry up all the pork that This Old Porch had in his cooler.

My brother said, "You can use it, but I want it back," and Gremlin promised to return it.

That never happened, and my brother reminds me of it all the time.

I know it was just a pan, but he's funny that way.

Something about how if you can't trust a man to keep his word with the little things...

But you're right. Putah is definitely the place to go. Plop your bobber right in front of every Maytag, tire, or shopping cart you see, and then hold on!

New Zealand mud snails = Bonus!

mitch aka 2 fish

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 am

cue: this is when I declare there's too many of you. a bit like those fucking snails.