This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
flashback wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:41 am Giardia. All it might take is a small break in the skin.
Around my home waters there are many interesting things in the water.
Have seen cases of giardiasis and even though it can be treatable it is not fun.
Been wading for 35 years, and 20 of those years I did not own waders. Most streams waded without waters carried a fair amounts of untreated sewage due to small municipal treatment plants being operated with no accountability or supervision. A good day on the water always involved blood, punctures, scrapes. Never once after any of these outings, which exceed 100, did I fall ill. Furthermore, I whitewater kayaked for years, and have had water forced down my throat from many rivers due thrashing about in the waves and holes, many of which were high and roiled full of ag and street sewer run-off.

A robust immune system does not evolve in a sterile environment. We are mammals, not lab equipment. It is ok to swim in a public pool (unnatural) full of hep C giners, and unwashed stale/rotten ass feces, but it's uncouth to wade without waders.
since you're a mammal, go ahead and fuck yourself
Because they paid $800 for them.
yard4sale wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 pm Because they paid $800 for them.
Lol!

It is so nice to wet wade in a trout stream. I suspect some people see pictures and think that is what you gotta do.

I do not like wet wading in dark water. It is completely irrational, but I have some weird phobia, and a lifetime of wading has only made it marginally better.
I made fun of a guy 'round here for doing that. Turns out it was to prevent bacterial infections which he had almost died from once. Then I felt like an asshole.
Gremlin wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 am I do not like wet wading in dark water. It is completely irrational, but I have some weird phobia, and a lifetime of wading has only made it marginally better.
That's all we have around here, and it's full of toothy fishes :cool
mrl0004 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 pm I made fun of a guy 'round here for doing that. Turns out it was to prevent bacterial infections which he had almost died from once. Then I felt like an asshole.
So what you're saying is that I shouldn't have drank the water straight from the creek?
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Farmer Palmer https://live.st[…]

Impeachment pool

I puts yur flies in the fishes mouth for you http[…]

WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah. F[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine