Why do people wear chest waders in the middle of summer?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
SOBF

Re: Why do people wear chest waders in the middle of summer?

Post by SOBF » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:53 am

The ocean was 60 yesterday and I only need one adams apple.

FredA

Post by FredA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:15 pm
I think they fear wet waders (such as myself) who sometimes (more so these days) piss in the river upstream of where they are wading.
Relates... Never ever ever wade downstream of flychucker after he’s had the polish skillet for breakfast.

markl

Post by markl » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:36 am

Because ...
Guide 2.png
Guide 2.png (383.34 KiB) Viewed 404 times

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am

never thought id be jealous of a pair of wader straps. Normally theyre holding up the way wrong kind of fat tit.
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Noodledick

Post by Noodledick » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

flashback wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:41 am
Giardia. All it might take is a small break in the skin.
Around my home waters there are many interesting things in the water.
Have seen cases of giardiasis and even though it can be treatable it is not fun.
Been wading for 35 years, and 20 of those years I did not own waders. Most streams waded without waters carried a fair amounts of untreated sewage due to small municipal treatment plants being operated with no accountability or supervision. A good day on the water always involved blood, punctures, scrapes. Never once after any of these outings, which exceed 100, did I fall ill. Furthermore, I whitewater kayaked for years, and have had water forced down my throat from many rivers due thrashing about in the waves and holes, many of which were high and roiled full of ag and street sewer run-off.

A robust immune system does not evolve in a sterile environment. We are mammals, not lab equipment. It is ok to swim in a public pool (unnatural) full of hep C giners, and unwashed stale/rotten ass feces, but it's uncouth to wade without waders.

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:18 pm

since you're a mammal, go ahead and fuck yourself
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Because they paid $800 for them.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 am

$1000
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 am

yard4sale wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:00 pm
Because they paid $800 for them.
Lol!

It is so nice to wet wade in a trout stream. I suspect some people see pictures and think that is what you gotta do.

I do not like wet wading in dark water. It is completely irrational, but I have some weird phobia, and a lifetime of wading has only made it marginally better.
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 pm

I made fun of a guy 'round here for doing that. Turns out it was to prevent bacterial infections which he had almost died from once. Then I felt like an asshole.
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Gremlin wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 am
I do not like wet wading in dark water. It is completely irrational, but I have some weird phobia, and a lifetime of wading has only made it marginally better.
That's all we have around here, and it's full of toothy fishes :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 pm

mrl0004 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 pm
I made fun of a guy 'round here for doing that. Turns out it was to prevent bacterial infections which he had almost died from once. Then I felt like an asshole.
So what you're saying is that I shouldn't have drank the water straight from the creek?
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser