This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By BigTimber
So is this a thing now, to power wash your Euro mounts? I've got a new neighbor that has been doing this for the past two weekends, spending about 3-5 hours a day in his driveway pressure washing skulls. Seems like a colossal waste of time and water, not to mention annoying as hell for his neighbors. But what do I know. Aren't you supposed to boil the flesh away?
The best method is to have Beatles clean the skull, preferably someone else’s Beatles as they stink.

Alternatively, bury it for a while or string it up between two trees — take a lot longer.

How many skulls is this guy cleaning? I think you’re supposed to boil the skull to get most of the meat off and THEN pressure wash. If he is out there trying pressure wash a single head for 3-5 hours he may, in fact, be simple.
By BigTimber
Have no idea how many. All I hear is the damn power washer at hours on end. How long should it take for one, having boiled most of the flesh off first?
By fatman
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 pm The best method is to have Beatles clean the skull, preferably someone else’s Beatles as they stink.

Alternatively, bury it for a while or string it up between two trees — take a lot longer.

How many skulls is this guy cleaning? I think you’re supposed to boil the skull to get most of the meat off and THEN pressure wash. If he is out there trying pressure wash a single head for 3-5 hours he may, in fact, be simple.
This

I used to know a guy in Missouri that offered the beetle service, he kept them in an old feezer in a shed at the back of his property. A lot more reasonable than a full skin mount.

If you remove the skin and boil the meat, it comes off fairly easily....the brains are another matter, it's almost impossible to get them 100%...and then they eventually stink....

I tried putting a skull on an ant pile years ago, but something came along and carried it off....
Boil them then tie the rack up to a head high limb. Come back in a week and it will be picked clean and ready to go.

After ten minutes with a pressure washer he is just wasting time.

I bet he orders hand sanitizer by the case too.
By LA Fly Guy
I've heard of a lot of people using the pressure washer. After boiling the head, the pressure washer is supposed to knock off those reluctant bits of stuck on meat especially the brain matter. Like my Heero said, I wonder how many heads this guy is doing to be in his driveway over three hours pressure washing deer heads.

Last time I checked, there were only two beatles left, he better start getting out his checkbook if he wants to use them.
By stillsteamin
Surly wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:15 pm Divorce attorneys are pretty good at stripping flesh from bone. Maybe have him try that instead?
lol.

Skull relates, watched a somewhat expert do a few on POW this past summer, boiled them for a couple hours then scraped them clean. Peroxide to whiten, mine came out really nice. There were no pressure washers involved. Maybe he's just outside pretending to clean skulls, running the pressure washer wide open to drown out the sound of his tears?
By Ruddy Duck
I've heard of the ant pile method.

There are some fragile sections, particularly around the nose. I'm surprised a pressure washer doesn't damage them.

I pay a taxadermist to clean and mount on a plaque because it is very cheap and I'm a yuppy.
By D-nymph
fatman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm
I tried putting a skull on an ant pile years ago, but something came along and carried it off....
Sorry about that, do you want it back?
By LA Fly Guy
Ruddy Duck wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am

There are some fragile sections, particularly around the nose. I'm surprised a pressure washer doesn't damage them.
I have a buddy that had 2 or 3 mounts messed up by a taxidermist around that very area.

I'm like Brett - as seldom as I kill a buck, I just pay the $75 - $100 to get it done by someone else.
whatcha tying?

topical: fuck all. who wants to buy all my shit?

Western Snowpack 2020

here's our forecast for the next 100 years... it's[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yet Another Carnage Skwala https://live.stat[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine