This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Nemo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:05 am Can I talk any of you fine fellers into hopping on admin duty to help keep the spam off of this fine establishment? Since we all have so much more work-from-home and free-time thing going on now? You all know this place better than I do, and I'm just trying to save some time for Corey, since he's not on here all that frequently either. I'll up the pay from a sticker to a hoody.
I never got a hoody.
Nothing like an earthquake during a global health pandemic to promote hoarding
Wtf
That ain't gonna happen you and raffa are green circle
Bunny slopers
And I'm the most extreme 2x black diamonder on the board
You two are way more into keyboard finger talkins
Than 1 foot in front of the other mountain walkins
Nemo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:05 am Can I talk any of you fine fellers into hopping on admin duty to help keep the spam off of this fine establishment? Since we all have so much more work-from-home and free-time thing going on now? You all know this place better than I do, and I'm just trying to save some time for Corey, since he's not on here all that frequently either. I'll up the pay from a sticker to a hoody.
What about a flat brim trucker cap? Or toilet paper.
Mitch will do fine with social distance, because who the fuck wants to be around him anyway..
fishpimp wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:39 am Top it off with an earthquake...5.9 here this morning.
We had just gotten on a company wide video conference hosted out of Salt Lake CIty this morning when that earthquake hit..obviously they cancelled the remainder of the conference, but it was pretty surreal.
Hey there

Those that know me, understand that I don't talk politics, or religious issues either here on the board or on the Face Book thingy....but in light of current events I find myself compelled to rant a little, please forgive my wordyness

So it has come down to this in our country. We are fighting over Toilet paper, and food and water, after dismissing the dire warnings of an impending pandemic, It can’t happen here, we are the mighty and the leaders of the free world ( national ego?). It is this mindset that has brought us where we are today.

We have stood on the shoulders of the Greatest generation and did wondrous things. We cured Polio, and went into space, we figured out how to transplant hearts and improve the quality of life, and we prospered. We got into the mind set that we were untouchable/invincible. The next generations rode on the coat tails of those who had gone before them and took their pleasures in prosperity and their personal agendas.

We forgot our past…the 1918 flu pandemic that Killed Millions world wide and over ½ million in the United states…When I lived in Butte Montana, I used to walk my dog (Mz Ashley) at the old cemetery and was astounded by the number of head stones from 1918. You could see a plot where a whole family was buried mom, dad and 4 kids, all who died with in weeks of each other, or a plot where five children from one family were all buried together in one grave…From that pandemic our medical/scientific community worked tirelessly to find a cure and develop a better understanding on how to confront similar out breaks. But we have forgotten. We let our national ego, blind us to the dire consequences that a pandemic outbreak could mean to our wellbeing and our way of life. To our families and our economy.

But here we are. Now is not the time to fix blame, historians will do that for us. Our job now is to do all that we can to stem the tide. To do the research to find a cure. To gear up the industrial complex, to build and, get into place medical equipment and drugs that will help ease those who are suffering and take the pressure off our medical professionals. Time to persevere.
Its time to let go of the “what’s in it for me, ‘me first attitude’ and realize that we are all in this together and we need to help and support, each other, and if that means self Isolation and not hoarding, so be it. For if we don’t then those same historians will not remember us for all our great national achievements but for how we failed as humans…..
I would rather we be overly cautious and suffer some discomfort and survive, than to be careless and the end results be catastrophic for us all …..end rant....I feel better thank you....

Grace, peace, and wash yer hands..

Ben
The return of Stolen Hours

#113 Day 3 Due to an error on my part Riverbum, […]

O Aggers, Where Art Thou?

an SUV stole my wallet. too soon?

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn Po you must eat like a fucking King :bow

Luau 2021

I tried to be an influencer once. All I wanted was[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine