This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By johnbmadwis
2 years later and my oldest, now 5, is learning the difference between boys and girls. Being educated and enlightened, I want to teach him anatomically correct words for body parts so that at the neighborhood pool he does not say anything inappropriate or embarrassing. I started with penis and poontang. My wife didn't think that was funny.
By The Volfish
We're still drowning red wigglers and nightcrawlers on a daily basis.

When the bite cools down, we've taken up swimming off the dock.

It's all on his terms. Thus far, his love for being outdoors has been off the charts.
By fishsnoop
At 7 he hooked up on his own, now 11 he is working on the knots for this season. Youngest is coming into his first season of "I hope he can", he just isn't as patient as big brother.
Whenever we can afford to get out or it isn't a "big boy" trip.

Nice thread cept for some fucks.
By Kylemc
Don't have fishing pics much any more, Ty keeps us both busy otherwise.

By Float Rod
Great Thread and pics Guys!

Very enjoyable to view

Congrats to all

:cool
By Muddled Duck
Great stuff guys. Those of you with kids just coming up need to be VERY open minded about the best way to gear fishing to suit the personality of your own kid. There's a ton of "how to introduce a kid" stuff out there, but the normally accepted approach isn't right for every kid. "Fun" is the important part, and each child is a unique individual.

My father used to take me on some of the layup bream days when catching was easy, and numbers were what it was about. But, since I always begged to go along with him, he'd often let me hop in the boat when the men were after bass (yes, using gear). Instead of worrying about me catching fish, he made it fun by taking the hooks off of one of the old "Christmas Tree" Bombers and tying it on my little spincast rod. Between being able to cast a mile and feeling like I was reeling in a fish every cast, I never thought twice about how many were caught.

My wife shamed me into doing it differently with our son for a while, but once I got her out of the boat I reverted to Dad's method, and it worked. Constant action was what he needed, and some days the fish don't provide that. Once he had the coordination to cast a fly, the activity of casting replaced the crankbait to help hold his attention when there weren't enough hungry fish to keep him entertained.

That method won't work for everyone, but I wanted to point out where a parent thinking outside-the-box made a big difference when traditional wisdom isn't working. Snacks, drinks, a disposable camera of their own and a streamside picnic combined with a hike looking for cool rocks are some other ways to break the monotony without having to give up on the day too early.
By Muddled Duck
Example from a few weeks ago. First photo is a lunchtime fossil hunt (the big rock is under the water right now).

These are a few of the fish we kept that afternoon.
By stonedfly
[report]First Bass.
Bill Dance Jr..jpg
Bill Dance Jr..jpg (223.54 KiB) Viewed 303 times
[/report]
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X