This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bad Fish
It's looking like a great day to go prick a few at this little spring creek. Sorry for the photo mod, gotta keep this one incognito, it's too close to too many people.

By NICH
Sick LHD you da man! I'm stoked to see your bugs... Oh and I haven't sent the swag yet, but it's coming here before I hit the road for a week.

Boys thanks for that I think I need to check out a couple places around town today... Hopefully pictures to come for ya Slave, sorry about the conditions.
By rowforbeer
penny the dog v. carp
what_the.jpg
what_the.jpg (75.54 KiB) Viewed 953 times
you_lookin_at_me.jpg
you_lookin_at_me.jpg (25.73 KiB) Viewed 965 times
w/ the right water conditions she thinks that she can stalk the carp. it never works, so i step in to give her a little face time with those copper bastards
By TX.
Draggin' back off the "what carp rod should I get" thread.

This fish came on a 6'8" 6#....and a clouser minnow.
The fish taped out at 35" and weighed 30# and was a state record for a while.
statecarp.jpg
statecarp.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 915 times
I'd think a six will handle what you're doin' (from the I need a carp rod thread).
By Red Humpy
Looks like it is fitted with a Ross SanMiguel. I like mine in the 4 wt. I would love to have one for my carp rod! :cool
By TX.
Yes.
By slavetotheflyrod
Nice feesh, TX :cool
By Greenback
TX. wrote:Draggin' back off the "what carp rod should I get" thread.

I'd think a six will handle what you're doin' (from the I need a carp rod thread).
Thanks, TX. I appreciate your advice.
By Long Haired Dave
TX. wrote:Draggin' back off the "what carp rod should I get" thread.

statecarp.jpg
Thank god someone with some sense. I just didn't want to get into it with the "small rods just will NOT get the job done" folks all over again. Anything over a 6 for carp is masturbation, you're not throwing a bowling ball on the fly end!
By Woolybug25
I dont know fellas. I always want to go light on the rod with any species, but it matters on the water sometimes too. On lakes and flat water, use what you want, but I can promise you that in fast water a 20 pound carpo will thrash a 6 wt. Greenback, ask Slave how a 6 would have held up with that big mirror down on the Platte.
By flashback
Here in WNY a seven is light, an eight is what I use, it's not unusual to encounter a 20 pounder or more in three feet deep of water.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

BRF’s Summer Stone https://live.static[…]

Unlimited "New Music Friday"

https://youtu.be/lui6aP_expk

Yeah...we should all go to Dillon now... And a dam[…]

i lime thongs https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine