This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By nfishl
Adams wrote:Image\
I haven't broken a rod in a long time - new 10wt with an extra section added on its first outing, thanks to a Musky. . .
Liar. You don't fish.
By Adams
OK, you got me. I snapped it in the garage. Closed the freezer door on it and then quick drove 3 hours to some Northern Wisco river to take a picture of it. . .
By marlo
[report]
20140919_181738-2-1-1.jpg
20140919_181738-2-1-1.jpg (506.82 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
[/report]
By foureyedgeek
[report]I've really only fished for musky casually.

Sure, I had the rods, lines and flies.

I'd fish a day here and there when Nemeth calls with a boat ride.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I "got it" until Saturday morning when my world was rocked for 10 seconds of fury.

I'd actually spent most of the morning trying to catch bass.

The fish came out of nowhere, ate my fly on the surface before arching back into the water.

My hookset was weak; I blame shock. The fish was gone in about five seconds.

But that's all it took...

and now I have to figure out how the hell I'm going to catch a musky, without a boat of my own and some pretty half-assed skills (that sure as hell isn't me casting up there) while also fitting in the rest that the fall season has to offer.[/report]
By Nemeth
I look pretty awesome right there....

Don't forget to tell them how I yelled at you and that strange old dude when the boat wouldn't load itself on the trailer properly...my bad...fuck shallow boat launches...
By Toothy Critter
Hello everybody,
New to this forum, and very glad I found it. Fished hard yesterday morning on a favorite sretch of musky water and moved a lot of fish. Lost one upper 40" fish, but did manage to boat a decent 34" that ate a new pattern at my feet. While unhooking him he flopped and my thumb got bit pretty badly. Didn't even notice the blood until after the release when I started casting again when my thumb started sticking to the line, but it bled for a really long time (btw does anybody know why cuts from esox teeth bleed so long). Anyways, guess it's time to get a longer pair of pliers. Glad to have landed the fish but he really got his revenge.
-RC
Attachments:
musky.jpg
musky.jpg (520.4 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
002 (2).jpg
002 (2).jpg (189.65 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
By Hogleg
Toothy Critter wrote:Hello everybody,
New to this forum, and very glad I found it. Fished hard yesterday morning on a favorite sretch of musky water and moved a lot of fish. Lost one upper 40" fish, but did manage to boat a decent 34" that ate a new pattern at my feet. While unhooking him he flopped and my thumb got bit pretty badly. Didn't even notice the blood until after the release when I started casting again when my thumb started sticking to the line, but it bled for a really long time (btw does anybody know why cuts from esox teeth bleed so long). Anyways, guess it's time to get a longer pair of pliers. Glad to have landed the fish but he really got his revenge.
-RC
Cool story Bro.
By Adams
Bump. Cuz muskys are better than spaming trolls. . .
By steelhyde
Toothy Critter wrote:Hello everybody,
-RC
1.) if another person refers to a musky as a toothy critter I'm going to club a puppy. It's not cute. It's not clever. It's stupid.
2.) we already had a person with that stupid handle (sans the space). He just hasn't posted in about 5 years
3.) posting a dead looking slimer on rocks is bad juju. You will pay for that. Your cut thumb is the tip of the iceberg.
4.) there is no such word as 'anyways'

Hot Creek... Needs more cosplay...

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine