This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
Watched the video.
Very cool.
Saw the eat in the fly line. Would have been cool to see the fly, but I've had haters call bullshit on fly caught tarpon.
Looks solid to me, and if Bob says it's tight, I believe it's tight.
Nice work dudes...
Now I just have to find that big girl I missed last spring. She'd challenge that fish, and from the south.
:cool
By Adams
I just watched it too - sweet net job. Damn that was a short fight.
By TX.
She didn't have time to know what hit her...that's the way to do it, if they let you.
By slapshot
Adams wrote:
slapshot wrote:Robert's my boy and a hell of a good dude. If Trigg ever got on here, he'd vouch for him as well. I was just up at his shop a few weeks ago and he gave me the fly he'd just stuck a 49" musky on. He wanted to share the mojo. Just how he is. There's video, it's a follow, eat, net, done. Link is below.

Wait a minute - slap shot - I may have just made the connection. You didn't happen to haul a Towee to the upper Miss in the last couple of weeks, on a rig with Indiana plates, did you?
That was me. :cool
By AftonAngler
BobbyTaco(Hawkins) is one hell of a cool guy! And I can think of very few anglers who I'd say 'deserve' to catch a fish like that one...he's one of them...legit, pure hearted ambassador for our sport! The two anglers he was with are equally passionate and dedicated...a great crew.

Congrats Robert! That fish will stand as our new mark for a long time I'd predict...holy shit 57"!!!!

:cool
:bow
By fly-chucker
Adams wrote:
slapshot wrote:Robert's my boy and a hell of a good dude. If Trigg ever got on here, he'd vouch for him as well. I was just up at his shop a few weeks ago and he gave me the fly he'd just stuck a 49" musky on. He wanted to share the mojo. Just how he is. There's video, it's a follow, eat, net, done. Link is below.

Wait a minute - slap shot - I may have just made the connection. You didn't happen to haul a Towee to the upper Miss in the last couple of weeks, on a rig with Indiana plates, did you?
that was him, fucker didn't call me either :wink
By fly-chucker
well someone has to follow that monster. might as well be me

little guy

By trapper
Hardware chuckers are starting to believe- life on the fly.
Grand slam :cool

At local Rod and Gun Club I was asked why in the hell did he let it go?
Answer: They won't get any bigger unless you let them go and grow. Besides they had three camera's recording. :cheer
By fly-chucker
trapper wrote:.........At local Rod and Gun Club I was asked why in the hell did he let it go?
Answer: They won't get any bigger unless you let them go and grow............ . :cheer

some people just don't fucking get it :wink
By TX.
[report]Three month lull on this thread...
Thought I was gonna kill it this winter, water was too damn high. Got out today w/ Socks. A hammer handle is better than nothin' on the first trip of the first month of the new year.
Only fish we saw today.
I'll take it.
(Shitty Iphone6 pic)
1.31.1.jpg
1.31.1.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
[/report]
By Spicytuna
Looks like a Marlin Set up with the skirt at the head.

Nice fish

Them buggaloo fucks need to cease and desist With […]

Huge Weekend

is there gonna be a viddy thruth be told the carp […]

Also, i'll have to paypal you postage. LOL

I do not respond to pms

Apparently I haven’t spoken since 11/2019 🤷&[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine