Musky Addicts Anonymous

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
AftonAngler

Re: Musky Addicts Anonymous

Post by AftonAngler » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 am

Got some new digs! Pretty stoked :cool
doubleA

http://www.MuskyCountryOutfitters.com

"Never date the songwriter if you are the lead singer... And a giant whore." blumpkin

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 am

AftonAngler wrote:Image

Guide service, general store, bar and cafe?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Adams

Post by Adams » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:45 am

That's not the Wannigan. . .
Do tell, AA.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

AftonAngler

Post by AftonAngler » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Adams wrote:That's not the Wannigan. . .
Do tell, AA.

It's right on the main MuskyHighway...corner of hog_trough and bite-me...
fly-chucker wrote:
AftonAngler wrote:Image

Guide service, general store, bar and cafe?
Yes it'll be an all-around emporium of all the freestyle Bologna I've been slinging and then some;)

Glen Flora, WI - if you build it they will come :cool

:Roll Eyes
doubleA

http://www.MuskyCountryOutfitters.com

"Never date the songwriter if you are the lead singer... And a giant whore." blumpkin

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Sat May 21, 2016 9:51 pm

[report]Hardly Strictly Musky 2016 Day 1
After a year's absence made it back to McMinnville for the closest thing to a Bake non-Drakians will ever experience. I unceremoniously dropped Vaku and Team Cuba Libre to fish with two of my sons. Vaku, being a consummate professional kept his disdain veiled ( probably didn't hurt that he got to fish with last year's winners, Socks and Somestreamerchick). As usual I was having too much fun to remember to take pictures, so I'll have to fill in the story with a few photos from others. Once again Captain Musky has out done himself and congrats to the winning team of Willen, Chocklett and Schultz and big fish winner Katie Blizzard.
First order of business was new team name and shirts. We decided on FU Musky (Franzens United) and my oldest designed our logo
Patrick was coming from Wilmington so we didn't leave Lenoir, Wednesday until 7pm. I tried to make good time. Photo by Patrick Franzen
About three hours out we hit a skunk (this is not foreshadowing given this is a musky report).The rest of the trip was uneventful. When I looked out of the cabin Thursday morning I saw more rod vaults than Earth shoes at my last Allman Brothers concert.
We prefished Thursday checking out some headwaters that we thought might not see any pressure during the tournament. The geology in middle Tn is so cool. This was the beginning of the river
There were two drainages available for fishing in the tournament, one blown out, one skinny. We did some walking
This was Patrick's first musky outing. We kept telling him he was going to freeze on his first follow. He denied he would, just as Chris did five years earlier. Before the day was out I froze on a follow, a monster Brown that could have easily inhaled my musky fly. I can still see him.The day ended with the registration dinner and a quiet evening of conversation (conspiracy theories, tune into Floodtide's next podcast)and drinking (games).
As competitive as we get at HSM. Photo by Mike Sepelak
Image[/report]
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Dibs on any extra shirts, sz L.
boy in long pants

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat May 21, 2016 10:52 pm

CarelessEthiopian wrote: sz L.
chunky :wink
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 pm

[report]
Hardly Strictly Musky 2016 Day2
Friday was the first day of the tournament. Our choices were waking before dawn and being one of the first on the water or leaving later allowing the crowd to disperse. Did I mention there was conversation and drinking Thursday night? Somestreamerchick brought lunch goods for everyone, so after making sammiches we casually headed to the gas station for breakfast.
Photos by Patrick Franzen
Of course Vaku brought along a nice seven year old bottle of Havana Club. "We may be musky fishing but there is no reason we can't be civilised."
Did I mention it was Friday the 13th?
So the rum is lost in the parking lot of the take out and when we arrive at the put in there's a rough looking guy with a Duck Dynasty beard hanging out watching the activities. As we get the boats loaded the banjo music begins, not just in my head, loud and clear... Dueling Banjos! Did I mention it was Friday the 13th? Apparently just a local's idea of high entertainment on a Friday morning.
Friday the 13th problems continued as we had a boarding attempt. Luckily the pirates were repelled by our cannons.
So Vaku knows best, cocktail hour changed the whole vibe of Friday the 13th (this isn't our first rodeo, we had back up bottles)
So Patrick gets his first follow and true to his word does not freeze. He calmly calls out "fish" and puts a mid- thirties musky in the eight. No eat before she gently sinks back into the darkness. We rest the fish and Patrick gets her to follow once again. He got a gill flair while in the eight but no eat. Another fanatic created. Chris finished out our day with two follows.
Photo by Peter Taylor
We stayed on the water too long to make dinner, but I made in time to win a Patagonia boat bag. Did I mention Puckett is a rock star?
Photo by Patrick Franzen
Image[/report]
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Mon May 23, 2016 2:13 pm

[report]
Hardly Strictly Musky last day
Day two of the tourney we decide to make the same float. We had moved fish and more importantly had seen some trophy smallies. So, much to the chagrin of the newly created fanatic, two members of the team were fishing bass hard. A cold front had moved in so we stopped early for cocktails and lunch (any excuse to start a fire).
Vaku took out his musky frustrations
Machete frying pan is a thing
After lunch we got into some of the smallies
ImageImage
So after having fun actually catching fish we drift up on Vaku in the biggest hole on the float where Socks has just lost a toothy critter. We commiserate and try to help by drinking. Above us a boat patiently waits for their shot at this water. We invite them for cocktails and meet Adam and Mike. We have cocktails, cigars and gas station pie (professional tip:better than gas station sushi).
Adam Alexander was kind enough to share some of his photos
Incredibly blessed to be able to fish with my sons. It was a very good year. So two guys from Chicagoland forego the best hole on this float (during a tournament) to meet some new fisherman. That to me is what the Hardly Strictly Musky is all about. Well done Todd.
Until next year
Photo by Peter Taylor
Image[/report]
I had to learn banjo. TX

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Mon May 23, 2016 2:42 pm

fuck i am in love. nicely done
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

TX.

Post by TX. » Mon May 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Nice work Guy.
And of course Todd you rocked it.
Heard all about it after the fact so I knew it was an ass pound down, since I wasn't getting texts all weekend.

My wife was on me about not going but somebody had to hold down the fort so Alan could play.
Maybe next year.
:cool
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 am

cocktail hour on a drifter :Roll Eyes

note to self, fish with Peter :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa