This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
[report]
close1.jpg
close1.jpg (158.78 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
[/report]
By TX.
Got out today solo.
Had three eats, lost one at the net.
Put another into the 8.
And two more follows, one girl was a mid to upper 40's fish.
Mild front came in mid day and shut it down like a train wreck.
Better than nothing!
By yard4sale
Fly caught? Looks like a tough grip to cast with but I ain't no musky guy...does trolling count for the fly record?

http://bringmethenews.com/2015/11/11/th ... y-fishing/
robert-hawkins-muskie.jpg
robert-hawkins-muskie.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
By TX.
yard4sale wrote:Fly caught? Looks like a tough grip to cast with but I ain't no musky guy...does trolling count for the fly record?

http://bringmethenews.com/2015/11/11/th ... y-fishing/
Not by the IGFA:

[report]
Rule_2.JPG
Rule_2.JPG (30.82 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
:vomit[/report]
By Adams
Don't be diss'n Robert and claiming it was trolled. That's a lifetime fish for any gear or fly guy. The locals will be sad he released it to continue to eat the walleyes stocked in Mille Lacs.

Hawkins bought the local fly shop a few years back and has been trying to make a go of it. My guess is his musky fly tying class will have a few more people spinning thread on 6/0 Daiichis.

He had a cameo in Where the Yellowstone Goes - anyone see it?
By slapshot
Robert's my boy and a hell of a good dude. If Trigg ever got on here, he'd vouch for him as well. I was just up at his shop a few weeks ago and he gave me the fly he'd just stuck a 49" musky on. He wanted to share the mojo. Just how he is. There's video, it's a follow, eat, net, done. Link is below.

By TX.
Didn't read the article, just answering the question.
Big congrats to the dude anyway, that's a hell of a fish!
By Bobwhite
Robert is a solid man, and I believe he did it right.

I also know the fellows he shared the boat with him... and there are none better.

I call bullshit on anything disparaging.

I wish I could have been there to give a white-guy-fist-bump!
By Adams
slapshot wrote:Robert's my boy and a hell of a good dude. If Trigg ever got on here, he'd vouch for him as well. I was just up at his shop a few weeks ago and he gave me the fly he'd just stuck a 49" musky on. He wanted to share the mojo. Just how he is. There's video, it's a follow, eat, net, done. Link is below.

Wait a minute - slap shot - I may have just made the connection. You didn't happen to haul a Towee to the upper Miss in the last couple of weeks, on a rig with Indiana plates, did you?
whatcha tying?

1A9E5BF8-4D13-4594-96AD-CED020A3B418.jpeg 044[…]

Classic Atlantic Salmon Flies

I'll give him one thing....he's persistent.

^ leaned... Are you ejumecated, Sir?

Friday Cheer Through Pics

That camp rifle would make me want to forget my bu[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine