Sage Z-Axis for sale

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Gremlin

Re: Sage Z-Axis for sale

Post by Gremlin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 am

Sakonnet wrote:
SOBF wrote:Image
Awesome
"If you've ever used a reciprocating saw to clean a fish,you might be a redneck !"
Side cutters too? Split the shell with them?
Wish I would have known they were tasty when I was younger. Heard rumors, but wasn't sure. Of course, that was before the interwebs. They were quite common where I grew up, and we used to target them. They used to scare the hell out of me when I was a wee little lad.
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:22 pm

[report]Savor the flavor of victory.

Image[/report]
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

fatman

Post by fatman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 pm

:smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:17 pm

This shit fucking rocks. I would recommend 1 1/2 LBS sausage and about 2 cups kale. I have no shitty pics as my camera is pooched. I hope the Mrs. buys me a crazy good camera so I can continue to take shitty pics.
Zuppa Toscana

1 lb. Italian sausages use spicy
4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional) NOT OPTIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves) OR MORE
32 oz. chicken broth
1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped (USE 2 CUPS)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp flour

1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.

30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream, kale, and bacon to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
Last edited by SOBF on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:00 pm

That sounds good, but where are the pictures?

pxatim

Post by pxatim » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 pm

I get excited when this thread gets bumped..

:needs_pics

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:48 pm

SOBF wrote:This shit fucking rocks. I would recommend 1 1/2 LBS sausage and about 2 cups kale. I have no shitty pics as my camera is pooched. I hope the Mrs. buys me a crazy good camera so I can continue to take shitty pics.
Zuppa Toscana

1 lb. Italian sausages use spicy
4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional) NOT OPTIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves) OR MORE
32 oz. chicken broth
1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp flour

1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.

30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream, kale, and bacon to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
THIS RECIPE DOES NOT SUCK!

pxatim

Post by pxatim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:06 am

[report]Preachers Meat

Acquire Venison

Involve Kids

Celebratory Beers

Save primo tail for later use

Salt/Pepper/Worshechester/Garlic

Fire

Destroy
Image[/report]

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:50 pm

[report]Fall heading towards winter is the time to make applesauce - it is apple harvest season so they are cheap, tasty, there are lots of varieties and it is almost impossible to fuck up, plus it makes the house smell great. Is the wife/gf complaining that you never cook anything? This should cheer her up. Head down to the market and buy whatever is on sale - it doesn't matter how many or what kind, I prefer a mix. Braeburn, Jonagold and Fuji were on sale for .99 cents plus we had a couple of Granny Smiths and McIntosh lying around to toss in as well.
applesauce01.jpg
applesauce01.jpg (154.4 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Peel them and don't sweat it if there is a little bit of skin left on them.
applesauce02.jpg
applesauce02.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Now quarter them, cut out the cores with a paring knife (or use a corer if you have one), then cut the quarters into big chunks and throw them in the pot with some water. How much? It doesn't really matter - you just want to keep them from scorching. They are going to render juice as they cook. This batch was about 20 apples and probably a cup or less of water. I also usually add in some lemon juice but we were out, fortunately we had some bottled lime juice left from a margarita party, but fresh would probably be better. Add as much as you like, but don't overdo it - you can always add more later if you want more tartness.
applesauce03.jpg
applesauce03.jpg (78.68 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Now let them simmer for 30-60 minutes stirring occasionally. As the apples start to break down I add part of the sugar and spices to the batch as it cooks. Add less of each because like salt, you can always add more later but you can't take it out. How much and what kinds? It doesn't matter - like I said - it's tough to fuck up an applesauce recipe. I don't like a lot of sugar, so to this batch I probably started with a half cup. I do like spices - most recipes call for just cinnamon, but you can add whatever you feel like. This is what I used. Probably a teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamon (my favorite spice) and a half each of nutmeg and ground cloves.
applesauce05.jpg
applesauce05.jpg (131.23 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
When the apples are soft (try squishing them with the side of a spoon) they are ready to be prepared. Don't bother with blenders or food processors (unless you are feeding this to a baby) - chunky applesauce is the way to go. I use a potato masher.
applesauce04.jpg
applesauce04.jpg (114.68 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Now you can fine tune the sugar and spices. If you like it sweeter, add more sugar - brown sugar is best. Want it more tart? Add more lemon juice. Want more spice? Stir in a little bit, taste again, then stir in more if you want. That's it, couldn't be easier. I used to can or freeze some of each batch, but it gets eaten so quickly I don't bother anymore. This batch will be gone in 2-3 days easy.
applesauce06.jpg
applesauce06.jpg (162.95 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
There are tons of uses for applesauce - cakes, muffins, in or on top of pancakes, warm with vanilla ice cream, so make some now, you won't be disappointed. Applesauce - it's not just for pork anymore. :cool[/report]
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:27 pm

"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:02 am

[report]A loser's user's guide to
The Frittata

"There’s an Italian expression: “hai fatto una frittata,”which loosely translated means: you’ve made quite a mess—or a sequence of mistakes." - some mumpy cunt on a website

Essential Tools:
A good (read: Oven-proof) saute pan
A source of heat (stovetop AND oven, or reasonable facsimiles thereof)
A few eggs - 4 is good for 2 normal folk.

Optional and safe ingredients:
Potatoes
Onions
Salt n Pepper
Bacon or breakfast meat of your choice
Flat leaf parsley
"Cheese"
Olive oil
Celery
Sour cream

Some shit you can work into a Frittata to impress the chicks:
Chevre
Leeks
Smoked salmon
Marinated Feta
Peppers
Squash
Roasted Garlic
Chives or green onions if you don't want to give up "Peasant" status
Corn chips c'mon, holmes...migas

To make a frittata, one has to answer a pair of essential, existential questions, to wit-
Am I here to make a breakfast experience?
OR
Am I a lazy motherfucker in need of food and possibly some "post-date" cred?

Fortunately for us, the answers to these two questions are not mutually exclusive, and are often very complimentary - case in point: Post-holiday morning at the in-law's, a temporal and spatial plane of existence that occasionally knows no bounds of awkwardness and can temporarily suspend and transcend modern modes of communication that allow a "not-quite-family-member" to (mostly) absolve a pickled previous evening with a nice morning after...

At any rate, let us get our frittata on.

As previously alluded to, the frittata is a somewhat rustic, working-class breakfast of Italian origin. Like quite a few things Italian and working-class, it can be viewed as either a beatifully artistic simplification or merely a lazy dodge in an effort to get by...we'll let y'all be the judge on that.

[editor's note - our video card has apparently taken a shit mid-swedge, so to speak...there will be only one photo accoutrement to this recipe -luckily for us, it is a money shot- Our apologies.]

Begin by rummaging through the fridge for a few starches and a protein, as well as some late-process greens, some aromatics, and a bridge flavor or two. Make sure you have a few eggs handy, and while you are at it, check your seasonings availability.

Brown a starch or two, then saute your protein. While you are at it, heat your oven to a robust 450° and set a rack near the broiler.

In the interstitial time, chop your aromatics and prep your cheeses and bridge flavors. This is also a good time to beat the shit outta a few eggs and add the sour cream directly to that frothy goodness.

When the oven achieves hotness, homogenize your base constituents in the pan and add the egg/sour cream goodness. Add the cheese product of your choice, and salt / pepper to taste. We're still on the stove-top at this point, so swirl the pan gently a few times to ensure maximum egg exposure. When the egg starts to set on the bottom, add the aromatics then slap that shit in the now-hot oven.

Once in the oven, give the frittata a few minutes to do its thing - 4 or 5 minutes of alone time, say. Peek in after 5 minutes to make sure it is browning properly. If it isn't, consider firing up the broiler and escalating the situation.

As it puffs and browns, watch for the "magic minute" - it will look juuust-about-done for a few seconds, then shit can go south rather rapidly after that.

For illustrative purposes, here is a potato / roasted garlic / ham / feta / asiago / olive oil frittata in its restive state.

Yank it out before the brownout, divide into eatin'-size sections, and serve.

Happy New Year, Motherfuckers[/report]

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:26 am

I eat these fairly regular. All kinds of ways. Not a quiche. Not an omelette. And thank god not that disasterous "skillet breakfast" bullshit they try to pass off on the peckish in the morning so often in the USA.

But no today. Today I have corn meal pancakes and pork chops and eggs.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."