Sage Z-Axis for sale

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
SOBF

Re: Sage Z-Axis for sale

Post by SOBF » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 pm

From Cooking Downeast...awesome fucking chowder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\
1/4 lb salt pork-diced
2 onions diced
4 cups potatoes in small pieces
1 or 2 cups water
2 lbs fish fillets(I use haddock)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 tsp Accent
2 0r 3 cups whole milk ( I prefer cream)
1 can evaporated milk

Fry salt pork slowly. Leave fat in pot and add onions
Cook until yellow
Add potatoes and enough water to barley cover potatoes
Place fish on top of potatoes and sprinkle with seasonings
Cover and bring to boil then cook on low until potatoes are tender and the fish flakes
Pour in both kinds of milk and allow to heat through...don't boil
Use ladle to fill bowl...do not stir you want big chunks of fish in your bowl....
Last edited by SOBF on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Man chowder is amazing stuff- so many different ways of cooking it, and different styles of doing it. I worked for a carpenter doing remodeling for a few years off and on who had a cookbook of only chowders, and it had tons of differnt kinds, some were almost like casseroles, others were like a manhattan, red chowder and some were more like SLSS or SOBFs. Or even this one, which I dont know where I got anymore, but its how I do my smoked salmon chowder, and I reckon itd be good with other varieties of fish as well, or bacon, or...

2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp EVOO
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 cup celery chopped
1/2 cup AP flour
6 cups chicken broth
1 lb potatoes peeled and cubed
1 tsp dill
1 tap tarragon
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
AT LEAST 8 oz zsmoked salmon you should use your heart as a guide here, go until it feels good
1/4 cup white wine (not shunned or herro, the beverage)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp s 1tsp p
1 cup half and half

sautee the appropriate ingrediaents, mix in half and half and other fluid. simmer 30 minutes. DO NOT FUCKING BOIL THIS ASSHOLE!!!!!!

the bread and beer thingy applies here as well. IN fact if you were trying to bone a prudish chick, you prepare this concoction, and heat sourdough roles on yuor oven, and then cut out a plug and serve the chowdah in the fucking bread bowl you jus tmade, and serve the plug on the side for dipping purposes. she will then believe that you should be her husband, and will attempt to ply you with drink and sex, in an effort to win a ring. all she gets is a pearl necklace. you win again.

keep em coming boys, there's an army of hungry drakians out there looking to bang prudish girls out of the ll bean catalog- and this is that thread where they can get good recipes to make it happen.

In fact, this is the unlimited how to bang prudes, chowdah, and jerky thread.

If you started this thread please change the name for us, or maybe G&G will you handle it? or RFA? thanks for the help guys! all the effort you put into this place really makes it the wonderful environment for learning and sharing that it is!!! Beers up chums!! hey
:cool

Had a few buddies over for dinner and here's the shit
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:26 pm

bump for photo edit
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:01 am

Pic before cooking fish/pot and adding milk/cream leave the fish whole !!!!

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:28 am

I'm going to have to cook me some of that chowder. I'm in the south, so I will have to use crappie or bream.

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 pm

...got this from my Dust Bowl-era grandmother from Oklahoma panhandle. Canned salmon was so cheap, they fed it to the bird dogs. This can be whipped up on a camp stove on your tailgate or a hot plate in a cheap motel:

Chop one large yellow onion and three stalks celery
Saute' in one stick butter
Dump in one pound can of salmon; heat until warm
Dump in half gallon of whole milk
Bring to quick boil, it's ready

Season w/ salt & pepper (cayenne gives it a kick)

Do not waste "crusty Bread" and micro brews on this recipe. Saltines and canned lager work fine.....
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm proud to be an okie from Muskogee. A place where even squares can have a ball.

Sobf I'm looking forward to doing yours with a big nice piece of halibut

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:49 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:Man chowder is amazing stuff-
Best quote of 2010...
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 pm

fatman wrote:
Do not waste "crusty Bread" and micro brews on this recipe. Saltines and canned lager work fine.....
Micro brew are never wasted. If you are concerned about yours, you should send them to me, especially the ales.

jhnnythndr wrote: Sobf I'm looking forward to doing yours with a big nice piece of halibut
Man the only way I could bring myself to put halibut in a chowder is if I had a lot of it. It's at the top of my list with salmon. MmmmmMMMMmmMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 pm

SLSS wrote:
fatman wrote:
Micro brew are never wasted. If you are concerned about yours, you should send them to me, especially the ales.

jhnnythndr wrote: Sobf I'm looking forward to doing yours with a big nice piece of halibut
Man the only way I could bring myself to put halibut in a chowder is if I had a lot of it. It's at the top of my list with salmon. MmmmmMMMMmmMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Hmmm slss. Sounds like you might be trying to get in line for a box of fish. I sent my folks 20/20 which is to say 20 lbs of salmon and 20lbs of halibut this summer. I didn't do a whole lot of halibut fishing last summer as it's not really ideal for FlyFishing. This year I'll be more loaded up on the stuff and maybe we can work something out.

All I ever eAt is moose salmon and halibut it seems like. Well grouse and ducks and rabbits too. Shrimp. No deer or sheep this year. Knee surgery at the end of July messed my year up. Ain't life grand any way though!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Hmmm slss. Sounds like you might be trying to get in line for a box of fish. I sent my folks 20/20 which is to say 20 lbs of salmon and 20lbs of halibut this summer.
Your parents just called. They said they didn't need anymore and you were welcome to send it to Maine.

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I could probably eat a 20/20 in a weekend. I'll take a 1.5/1.5 even.

What color backing is on this rod again?