"Official" Drakian Jerk Off V.1

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
pxatim

Re: "Official" Drakian Jerk Off V.1

Post by pxatim » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Average Joe wrote:Before these fine products get sent out, I'd just like to state that a piece of my jerky, which will no doubt test the strength of any man's teeth, can also (in a pinch) be used as a guitar pick, or a wood biscuit, or to shim the short leg of a table or chair, should the need arise.

I'm hoping that will compensate for me not including any butt f*ck or dick blood stickers.

*(fucking 403 FORBIDDEN)
If such a piece is found.. just put it in your lower lip and savor it... all month

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 pm

pxatim wrote:
Average Joe wrote:Before these fine products get sent out, I'd just like to state that a piece of my jerky, which will no doubt test the strength of any man's teeth, can also (in a pinch) be used as a guitar pick, or a wood biscuit, or to shim the short leg of a table or chair, should the need arise.

I'm hoping that will compensate for me not including any butt f*ck or dick blood stickers.

*(fucking 403 FORBIDDEN)
If such a piece is found.. just put it in your lower lip and savor it... all month
Texture aside (and it's not as bad as he says) Joe's meat (unlike his grandmother's tang) would likely win the flavor explosion category.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Shipped everything today. Some of the packages might even be addressed correctly. I have tracking #'s so let me know if you don't receive your package by Tuesday or Wednesday.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

wovenstonefly

Post by wovenstonefly » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Meat showed up today, it's good stuff. Who would have guessed that a bunch of degenerates like us could have been this good at jerking.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 pm

I received mine today as well: a big bag of smoky, meaty, jerky goodness, along with a handful of obscene stickers that would definitely not please Neil were he to find them plastered on the bumper of his truck.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Three questions:

1) Did everyone receive their package?
l] If so, does anyone have any comments regarding the quality (or lack thereof) of anyone else's jerky?

Beuller?

Anyone?

9} Was it worth it?

Okay 4 questions:

k>) Should we do it again, make it an annual event, or was this just a big pain in the ass let-down and everyone just wants to eat and enjoy their own jerkings?

Here's my take: all of it was damned good and it was a pain to make jerky at a designated time instead of when I'd normally make it. But there was one batch that was fucking off the charts. It was either Woven's or Snuffbox's. I can't remember which unfortunately.

K_P

Post by K_P » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:47 pm

fatman

Post by fatman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:22 pm

1) got my package
{] been waiting for the "perfect time" to do a head-to-head test
9) yeah, what the fuck else was there to do in February?
k) what was the fucking question?
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

wovenstonefly

Post by wovenstonefly » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 pm

I enjoyed it and would probably do it again.

Flavors were good, but my wife liked pxatim best. She thought it tasted like bacon.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:57 am

Ok so I got some leftovers and was asked to give an honest judgement . Here goes:

Hogleg..bland but eddible.

pppxatim......solid work best of the bundle.

fatman............not bad but moldy....very moldy only got a few bites before I noticed the fuzz. From what I can tell Kansans ruin their jerky just like they do their bbbq. NO offense

AVerage Joe: very interesting....bland at first but the first good chew produces a powerful flavor that lingers for hours.......much like that old gum that had flavor juice that squirted out when you bit it.

Lando.....decent goood flavor but also lots of mold. the mold made my eyes and nose burn but I got thru it and would probably try it again.

I'm pretty sure those are the only ones I sampled.

Pxatim for the win.

my opinion only.........and my tastebuds may be just a tad bit off.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:46 am

Dad's sliced whitetail jerky was a bake winner...

"Oh, damn that's good.

"Incredible"

No mold either. The old man has got game...
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

SnuffBox

Post by SnuffBox » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:29 pm

I would definitely do this again, if just do submit a more generous sample portion.

All had their own strengths, and I enjoyed them all. But I kept coming back to pxatims batch.

Fatman's gets marks for most authentic, rugged, and gluten free.