WTT/WTB: K9 bladder cancer insight

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Bruiser

Re: WTT/WTB: K9 bladder cancer insight

Post by Bruiser » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:39 am

Hang in there bro. We had the same experience this summer with our Big B. RIP Magnolia.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:23 am

will pour one out for the both of you my friend
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

kish

Post by kish » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:20 am

Sorry to hear, man. Damn dogs…they're all gonna break our hearts eventually.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Sorry, man. Those days are the toughest. Ill be pouring a sip this afternoon-
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

HPFF

Post by HPFF » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Damn man, sorry to hear. Keep thinking about those good times you had together, the smiles those memories bring can only help to ease the pain during what is always a hell of a hard thing to get through. I'll give Joe a little extra ear scratching tonight in her honor.
"Pork on the plate and pigs in the drink." Ironman

ironman

Post by ironman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 am

Guys, thanks. Appreciate the support.

Mitch - I was just so bummed about Rochester, that was tragic on a level I don't want to know. We knew the cancer would get her, and I can honestly say, we didn't miss an opportunity to spoil her these last months. Extra everything. And even before we knew what was happening, that's pretty much God life here.

Yesterday was real hard.

We went through photos and videos this morning, and nobody cried. We laughed and smiled. I'll consider that good, and what she wanted. Gonna take some time to get used to how quiet the house is without her, though. Time, I guess.

Cheers, fellas. Thanks again.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:07 am

Treasure the great memories. They last longer than the sorrow.
Truff !!!

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Been 2 weeks now for me. I came home today to an empty house expecting her to pick up whatever toy was handy and greet me at the door like she always did. And then I sobered up.

Hang in there. It gets better.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:50 am

pro-tip: as soon as you're ready get back on that horse, fellas.

admittedly ours was 26 days later. but as you lot know we had some wee hearts to mend.
during the hiatus I had asked my mate about it who's owned dogs all of his life. he told me that the feeling doesn't go away until you get another. every day you'll find yourself doing something that doesn't need doing. and you just feel lost. that's how he correctly put it.
I didn't own a dog for 35yrs until we got rochester and when we lost him I didn't know how the fuck I'd ever lived without one.

now every night I walk benson past his ashes and always mutter a 'miss you, *nigel*.' or some other nonsense.

which, in case you were wondering... doesn't make me gay.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

ironman

Post by ironman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 am

Her litter mate, Buckeye, is still with us. He's been off for sure, but getting back to his old ways. They had their own language, and are different in personality. He is more independent, where she would follow you around more. The last few days we've seen more of him. Which is good.

Can't help but feel a little robbed. Aside from the cancer, these gods are/were in exceptional shape. Didn't think we'd be dealing with this for some time.

I don't know how fair a pup would be to him. Although I think he'd like the company.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

west_jay

Post by west_jay » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Hoping you all get through.

Condolences, and pours.
I never met anyone named Joel that wasn't a complete knob. – CharlieJenkem

Boomin

Post by Boomin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear, man.