Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
By Redchaser
I'll put payment up shortly. Leavin' on a jet plane In a week and a half, how's recent experiences been with carrying on rods and reels? What about a 4pc spray pole in a 44" tube? I'm flying American, domestic flight. I would prefer to keep my reels in my carry on, and to carry the rods on in the single tube, but I also don't want the hassle of getting to the gate and being told to fuck off.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
I had zero problems to and from New Orleans the other day. 4.5' tube.

Also security in NO was a breeze. No line and no hassle......Cept little Bob had a half gallon of gator aide in his back pack.

Get in the line on the right. It's usually shorter....I don't know why.
By Redchaser
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:I had zero problems to and from New Orleans the other day. 4.5' tube.

Also security in NO was a breeze. No line and no hassle......Cept little Bob had a half gallon of gator aide in his back pack.

Get in the line on the right. It's usually shorter....I don't know why.

B.M.

Did you gate check the tube or put it in a coat closet?
By ironman
4.5 foot toob?

So my 2pc 10' 6wt in a cordo plastique could be carried? I mean, I'd love to see it become a 3pc. Warranty upgrade with those folks is blutarsky.
By fly-chucker
ironman wrote:4.5 foot toob?

So my 2pc 10' 6wt in a cordo plastique could be carried? I mean, I'd love to see it become a 3pc. Warranty upgrade with those folks is blutarsky.

I'll step on that fucker before you pack it up on Sunday :smile

That's what friends are for, right :wink
By austrotard
grow a big moustache and dress like a north country gent and you can do whatever the fuck you please... with the aid of the complimenting trolley dollies.

no charge.

$5 (going towards the bentley)
By flybug.pa.
Pro tip: the lawn size dart aircraft, ones you walk on the tarmac to board, they may want you to check your tube just as you board the plane. they hand it straight back to you as you walk off. a nice service.
relates: only applies to the wee jets.
lates; every thing else is good. wear your seat belt.
By Da Ax
I would think that this is airline to airline, also.

Depending on how many rods your taking, I'd get a large piece of PVC with the screw on ends and a lock tab. Put them all in there, paint "fishing rods" on it and check the damn thing. Keep the reels with you.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Da Ax wrote:I would think that this is airline to airline, also.

Depending on how many rods your taking, I'd get a large piece of PVC with the screw on ends and a zip tie . Put them all in there, paint "cocaine and booze" on it and check the damn thing. Keep the reels with you.

fixed it.............it will slide thru no problem.
"official" intro

I don’t even recall the protocol. I’l[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine