Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
By Da Ax
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Da Ax wrote:I would think that this is airline to airline, also.

Depending on how many rods your taking, I'd get a large piece of PVC with the screw on ends and a zip tie . Put them all in there, paint "cocaine and booze" on it and check the damn thing. Keep the reels with you.

fixed it.............it will slide thru no problem.
This is likely overlooked in the Yinzer airfields...
By ironman
Well I'm on this flight. It's sood American mountain pass bus hot. And full. A child in the same seat begins to cry.

My 2pc remains intact at home. My 4pc was no issue at all. KK - please don't stomp my 10 wt.

Next stop, Chicago. See you boys in a bit.
By Spicytuna
If you ever deal will allegant know that they allow you carry on two piece rod tubes to Montana.

Then when you go to leave Missoula they FUCK you and make you check it in for $45 dollars. Even though the Oakland people did not.

Fuck you Missoula Allegant lady
By befuddled
Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
By NeedmoreDEET
befuddled wrote:Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
They have been shit for a long time. I lost a collection of custom Loomis IMX and GL4 rods on my way to Anchorage. A buddy spun them up with awesome fish thread art on the butt sections. AA informed that they would deliver the rods to the lodge, but never followed through. Thankfully bought a replacement on the drive to get me through the week. They apparently dropped the armored rod tube on the tarmac and drove over it with a tank. Biggest piece left was a tad under 10 inches. Crazy.
By Redchaser
NeedmoreDEET wrote:
befuddled wrote:Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
They have been shit for a long time. I lost a collection of custom Loomis IMX and GL4 rods on my way to Anchorage. A buddy spun them up with awesome fish thread art on the butt sections. AA informed that they would deliver the rods to the lodge, but never followed through. Thankfully bought a replacement on the drive to get me through the week. They apparently dropped the armored rod tube on the tarmac and drove over it with a tank. Biggest piece left was a tad under 10 inches. Crazy.
Well that's encouraging. I'll try my best to keep my rods close. Can't be worse than when I had over $3000 in fising gear stolen off of a cruise.
By Spicytuna
Fuck it Fed ex the rods in a tube to your destination. I send rods back when they break all the time. Probably the same price or cheaper if you have time to send them before.

Good luck
"official" intro

Glad that Mitch is gone. Can’t imagine what […]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine