Needed TSA clearance

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Da Ax

Re: Needed TSA clearance

Post by Da Ax » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
Da Ax wrote:I would think that this is airline to airline, also.

Depending on how many rods your taking, I'd get a large piece of PVC with the screw on ends and a zip tie . Put them all in there, paint "cocaine and booze" on it and check the damn thing. Keep the reels with you.

fixed it.............it will slide thru no problem.
This is likely overlooked in the Yinzer airfields...
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

ironman

Post by ironman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Well I'm on this flight. It's sood American mountain pass bus hot. And full. A child in the same seat begins to cry.

My 2pc remains intact at home. My 4pc was no issue at all. KK - please don't stomp my 10 wt.

Next stop, Chicago. See you boys in a bit.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:04 pm

If you ever deal will allegant know that they allow you carry on two piece rod tubes to Montana.

Then when you go to leave Missoula they FUCK you and make you check it in for $45 dollars. Even though the Oakland people did not.

Fuck you Missoula Allegant lady
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

befuddled wrote:Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
They have been shit for a long time. I lost a collection of custom Loomis IMX and GL4 rods on my way to Anchorage. A buddy spun them up with awesome fish thread art on the butt sections. AA informed that they would deliver the rods to the lodge, but never followed through. Thankfully bought a replacement on the drive to get me through the week. They apparently dropped the armored rod tube on the tarmac and drove over it with a tank. Biggest piece left was a tad under 10 inches. Crazy.
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 pm

NeedmoreDEET wrote:
befuddled wrote:Red, keep an eye on your shit if you can when flying American. Their customer service has declined monumentally in the last decade. Last time I had to check my rods I ended up in Colorado without any fucking rods. Request the coat closet if they can't go right above your head
They have been shit for a long time. I lost a collection of custom Loomis IMX and GL4 rods on my way to Anchorage. A buddy spun them up with awesome fish thread art on the butt sections. AA informed that they would deliver the rods to the lodge, but never followed through. Thankfully bought a replacement on the drive to get me through the week. They apparently dropped the armored rod tube on the tarmac and drove over it with a tank. Biggest piece left was a tad under 10 inches. Crazy.
Well that's encouraging. I'll try my best to keep my rods close. Can't be worse than when I had over $3000 in fising gear stolen off of a cruise.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Fuck it Fed ex the rods in a tube to your destination. I send rods back when they break all the time. Probably the same price or cheaper if you have time to send them before.

Good luck
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK