The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- year one pg16

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Re: The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- grandpas tools- 15

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:18 am

prelude to ass-ache: the mtice is going to question the practicality of seat webbing over the substrate.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

-G-

Re: The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- grandpas tools- 15

Post by -G- » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I had one of my most enjoyable overnights in a while last weekend. Bear, Nuya and I took the shoe out for her first birthday party. Our two days were high 60’s which required flannel to be taken out of its winter storage, and a night in the low 50’s which required actually zipping up the sleeping bag. I think we, and Nuya slept for 12 hours. Fishing kinda sucked, but didn’t see any idiots- which is always a plus these days.

Looked like so.

I still haven’t decided if euro nymphing is fly fishing. Actually I have, it’s not.

But I caught zero fish to put in the pan on the streamer. Bear caught several, and I really like trout, eggs, taters and hot sauce. So I’m left with that to think about this week.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Bigguy

Re: The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- year one pg16

Post by Bigguy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am

So how was sitting on the new seats without the rope webbing?

-G-

Post by -G- » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Bigguy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am
So how was sitting on the new seats without the rope webbing?
I really like the rope seats. I honestly just made them at first because I didn’t want to put a chinsy plastic seat in a wood-everything boat... but I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable they are. My friends seem to say the same thing, but they could be lying to make me feel better about all the time they take to make.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm

Can confirm they are comfortable. Though I'll say the best feature of G's boat is the abundance of cupholders ashtrays
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose