who's in? need help with raffle prizes

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
chadroc

who's in? need help with raffle prizes

Post by chadroc » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 pm

heres the loot thus far:

1) Bob White Printers Proof - obviously sick

2) bigguy tool caddy - just really nice. made of juniper. hand rubbed by the bigguy himself. beeswax finish.

3) Ijuin Yomogi - 7' #3 - i cannot fish this rod. its mine. i know some really love the parabolic action or whatever, but i can't figure it out. kabuto guy myself. rec tube and sock not included but rod will be shipped proper.

4) fenwick ff60 - this is in mint condition. 6'#5 glass rod. will be hard to mail this out of my hands. all original. cap's busted but plenty functional.

5) dope ass flask - is it a flask? yes. is it a flybox? yes. hard parting with this, but its so nice i never used it. given me by a local craftsman i cannot remember the name of. which is why you write shit down. it'd be pretty cool if someone would put me on some tyers who could get me salmon flies to fill in with this shit. not sure i can, but i'll fill it first time with the old shine. no i won't. big brother.

i gotta stuffed box coming with trout fleas from my local friends. steelhound has a box stuffed heading over. 2 half day guided trips on the farmington river with 2 fine sticks who know it well and will put you on a sick brown trout. love to pair the 2 rods up with reels, or really auction off any shit you want to throw my way. kfox is throwing in a nice basket and slss will be involved here as well.

feel free to spread this out to whoever you want to know about it. actual auction format yet to be determined as is where the money will be going. i assure you, i will put this money towards good stewardship of my local water. i appreciate anything you all can do to make this happen.

keep writing to the ct DEEP hearing officer. she's listening. lets see how many states we can get to write to her. its getting up there. last count i believe it was 13. i'm looking at you folks and proud to be a friend here.

Your Name Here
Your Address Here

Janice Deshais
Hearing Officer
Office of Adjudications, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
79 Elm Street, Hartford CT, 06106

Ms Deshais,

I am writing to you in reference to application number 201503113 for Love’s Travel Stop and Country Store for discharge of wastewaters from sewage treatment and subsurface disposal system to groundwater.

I would like to voice my concern over the execution and completion of this project. It is my contention that this project will irreplaceably damage the watershed of Roaring Brook, and negatively affect the native brook trout that reside within it. I contend that the proposal to develop a leaching field capable of handling an average of 6,000 gallons per day will damage the adjoining ecosystem.

My primary concern is that the proposed leaching field is too close in proximity to wetlands outlined by Brian Murphy, senior fisheries biologist with the CT Department of Environmental. Specifically, the development of the leaching field will result in siltation, increased water temperature, and decrease of riparian habitat around wetlands (outlined as “wetland H” in Murphy’s assessment document provided to the Willington PZC on 6/28/13) that harbor native brook trout and provide them spawning and nursery grounds. Additionally, I am concerned that storm water run off and overall construction will negatively impact additional wetlands (outlined as “wetland F/G” in Murphy’s assessment).

Please consider carefully this fragile ecosystem in your decision to allow for Love’s Travel Stop and Country Store to develop their leaching field and overall construction project. I appreciate your attention to this sensitive matter and I trust that your decision will be a fair and equitable one for all parties concerned, human and trout.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Your Cell Phone Number
Your Email Address

most of you who know me know i'm a classifieds kinda guy. i'm hosting a raffle to raise money to restart a chapter of trout unlimited. in my state we used to have a chapter of TU called the natchaug chapter. it went by the wayside due to low membership or something. now the thames valley chapter supports the eastern side of the state, but up here in the NE corner i feel we need an organization to help preserve what few cold waters we have left. so i have decided to begin the process of opening a chapter.

start that over. no more TU chapter, but i am raising money to fund the set up of a trout in the classroom program here in my hometown. i also want to start a grassroots type activism effort to protect the green spaces around me. to do so i'll be working with local organizations in my area such as Joshua's Trust:

http://joshuastrust.org

while i only spoke briefly with their braintrust, i knew immediately we were of the same mindset. i know our efforts together will be good stuff. i do want to produce fry to be released into the brook because i think that type of project is very cool but i no longer seek to start any chapter of TU. i have joined their group but i do not know how active i'll be with them yet.

this raffle will be held on or about 5/20/18. i have many commitments of prizes and i'm very grateful for them. i'll begin selling tickets sometime over the next week or so. look here for updates, and thank you very much friends.

i would like to have 10 total prizes. i've already got 3, a couple half day guided trips for the local folk and a sick fly box full of flies from my tuesday night buddies. bob white's the first sukker to step up and contribute, some of his art is coming my way.

i am adding a vintage orvis full flex rod and madison reel. this is a sweet little bass bug or streamer set up. i love it. i have two of em. i'm giving away a yellow one, on a phillipson blank. would you fellas help me fill a box with flies to fish off of this rod? i'll throw in the first few. please reach out if your down to help.

if we can fill up a few spots on my 10 item list, i'll likely have to dig up some homegrown.

all the best fellas. my little trickle thanks you.

Last edited by chadroc on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

FredA

Re: who's in? need help with raffle prizes

Post by FredA » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Flies... I can do that for sure. Itsy bitsy streamers? It seems streamers are all I'm good for these days. When would you need them by Chad?

ironman

Post by ironman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm

How much money are you trying to raise, CW?
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:00 pm

as much as physically possible, mike, the chapter may be a bit lofty, didn't get super enthusiastic responses yet from the heads of all of the other TU chapters in ct who i have written to. i am ok with it. if i don't do a TU chapter, i'll do something else to get the point and information across.

streamers are fantastic. i got a box today to fill, i'll be starting shortly. thanks a bunch fred.

ironman

Post by ironman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:05 pm

chadroc wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:00 pm
as much as physically possible, mike, the chapter may be a bit lofty, didn't get super enthusiastic responses yet from the heads of all of the other TU chapters in ct who i have written to. i am ok with it. if i don't do a TU chapter, i'll do something else to get the point and information across.

streamers are fantastic. i got a box today to fill, i'll be starting shortly. thanks a bunch fred.
Sent a note to a national @ TU - good friend of mine on the Upper D. He has your digits. Expect a call next week sometime.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:32 pm

What is the WT rating on that rod? I may have a line that fits it...
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:51 pm

rods an 8. i use a 9 on it. could be i have 2 of these rods.........

it'll throw a 7 8 or 9 in my opinion. old glass rods never knew what weight they were they damnselves.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:49 pm

fawesome prize no. 6- I will drive the winner around pertharoo like a chauffeur's boss, high as a monkey, for the days before and after your trip to exmouth.

small print spoken by a methhead: trip to exmouth and petrol wonga not included. nor batteries. bring weed.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am

Can you let us the timeline here? It'll determine what I can donate.

If its real soon I may just have to throw a couple of pesos your way. But if I have time I imagine gear/swag would make for a bigger draw.

Apparently my spell check doesn't like the word gear or spell check
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 am

yeah, for sure. how about drawing 1 month from today?

i am putting all my votes in the cookie jar that says: "prize no. 6- mitch will drive the winner around pertharoo like a chauffeur's boss, high as a monkey, for the days before and after your trip to exmouth, or willington."

exmouth. or willington.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 am

as long as everyone is aware that I'm banned from the common due to an unfortunate incident involving a teenage girl's horseriding club.

we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Where is your home state? I think that I know-but to be sure, if you have any interest I would be happy to put together a little care package including wine, and a few spirits. I ask about home state as some are very serious about shipping booze. Kfox
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889