Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
By Pedorro
Dude, I'm gonna help you out here.
Are you a fly angler?
If not...why are you here?
If so then go back to the front door and read the sign and introduce yourself proper in the foyer.

See...it appears to us that you think highly of your photog skills and want to promote yourself.
We are not interested in your photog skills at this point and certainly not your self-promotion. We are interested in whether you are a degenerate with fly skills and a personality with propensity toward getting shit faced in the woods as opposed to Ballroom dancing.

Kinda rude is all, and a few hours reading the shit on here won't give you an idea of what this is.
If you're not into fur and feathers then for the most part you won't like this place.

When you say that you spent a week reading etc. there is a huge sign out front for newbs to read. If you read that then your comprehension suks.

Behind all our shit you will meet some very talented and successful photographers , writers, business folk and idiots all drinking from the same swill they just don't stand up and say "hey look at me" until they earn their stripes.
Their skills bubble to the top sooner or later. No rush.

You show up with your tag and skills and ask us "if we have any questions"
Really?

Somebody's gonna shit on me for pointing this out for you but you seem like a reasonable fuktard and I like macro photog. Especially of bugs that fish eat.

Anyway the guys will eat you for breakfast till you get it. Step back don't keep posting and shooting your mouth off. You might have a chance for redemption. Or not....
I think these guys gave Warhol the boot years back. Good luck
By DerekHauffe
Thank you, Pedorro.

I looked for a sticky guide, particularly in the Photography forum. Self-promotion wasn't my goal. I'll look farther around. I appreciate you taking pity on me.
By SOBF
You know there may be hope for this guy. Sounds like he just walked through the wrong door. He didn't come back with the tough guy attitude. Bonus points for that. This picture sucks by the way.
By Pancho Rancho
SOBF wrote:Image
This picture sucks by the way.
That's some funny stuff. Thanks man.

It is still not clear this guy fishes. That Campbell soup can drawing guy didn't fish.
By austrotard
fair point... but he did attend some really chic parties.
trust me, I was there.
By DerekHauffe
Several of you have correctly guessed that I'm not an angler. I made several mistakes and wasted your time. My apologies. I thought that photos by non-anglers would be welcome. I'm working with some anglers now who like my photos, and I thought I'd share them here. My bad.
By austrotard
this is when we beg you to stay.

[/tumbleweed]
By austrotard
sorry. one last thing... did it ever occur to you that trout don't see the insect that clearly?

those photos have as much to do with fly tying as x-rays would with bespoke tweed.
dumb ass.

and tell those other fly fishing clowns we want to rumble.
By Bruiser
We are all super badass around here Derek.

By SOBF
Several of you have correctly guessed that I'm not an angler. I made several mistakes and wasted your time. My apologies. I thought that photos by non-anglers would be welcome. I'm working with some anglers now who like my photos, and I thought I'd share them here. My bad.
Can you post some pictures of nekkid gingers and all will be forgiven ?
By Sakonnet
C'mon, everyone knows...

The Drake is Dead, Long Live The Drake. Over the[…]

Widespread Panic SUCKS

I just got "turned on" to WSP and John[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Clan Chief Katie https://live.staticflickr.c[…]

Embedding Info

ok, boomers.

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine