kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By tom
overbrook wrote:
tom wrote:Image
my czech/scud box took a beating last year, time to fill it up

Yes...you appear to be very short on flies.....crap I wish my fly boxes looked so full when empty.
three words: tarpon-setting geriatrics
By franzen
[report]shitty phone pic

Image[/report]
By ScottP
franzen wrote: Image
Hi-ho; Kermit the frog here.
Nice
By mendthatshit87
Frog flies always make me smile. It's no judgement of tying quality; but they always do. Very good work.
By slapshot
Killer fly Franzen. I might have to beg one off you next weekend if you're there.
By RFA
Tailer wrote:Pretty work 4I'D. Whats the story on these heads I keep seeing on here. Haven't shown up in my local shop.
foureyedgeek wrote:Image
Actually, my buddy came up with this idea years ago......this is the original. Support his design, not the copies:

http://www.ichthyosys.com/index.php
By foureyedgeek
Site () not found.
In DB
Is anything original in tie flying anymore?
By chicago
franzen wrote:[report]shitty phone pic

Image[/report]
Sick frog dude, Muppetish as it is...
By chicago
Goldmember wrote:
chicago wrote:Gold, are you just tying in thick clumps v-style (Jonny King style, kinky muddler) and then trimming? Or is it more like deer hair stacking?
It's kinda both I believe, just stack short amounts of EP fibers around the shank like you'd do deer hair. I tie approx 3 clumps on top of the shank and 2 or 3 of the belly color underneath. Stroke the fibers back and again a next bunch. After that start trimming the whole thing with a sharp scissor

I noticed EP also has shorter shanks, I want to give those a try next time. these were medium sized I believe.
Thanks for the deets.
By chicago
Some recent phleye-ties. Basically a sar-mul-mac ripoff with 2 exceptions: (a) dub-clumped head instead of chenille & (b) SF blend instead of bucktail
By overbrook
chicago wrote:Some recent phleye-ties. Basically a sar-mul-mac ripoff with 2 exceptions: (a) dub-clumped head instead of chenille & (b) SF blend instead of bucktail
I don't recognize you.....you should visit more often. :cool
By slapshot
overbrook wrote:
chicago wrote:Some recent phleye-ties. Basically a sar-mul-mac ripoff with 2 exceptions: (a) dub-clumped head instead of chenille & (b) SF blend instead of bucktail
I don't recognize you.....you should visit more often. :cool
He's a good dude and awesome tyer. He should bring those to the next beach hike. (that's a subtle hint that we need to make the long walk soon) :cool
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine