Official Miceness Swap

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
Woolybug25

Official Miceness Swap

Post by Woolybug25 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:02 pm

[report]

Here it is by popular demand. The Miceness Swap. Nothing is better than watching a fish just destroy a mouse. Salmo will hate everyone in this swap because he is a friend to the furry ones, but maybe one day he will come over to the darkside. Here are the rules:

1) Any mouse pattern will be accepted, I only ask that you are familiar with fishing mice, so your pattern doesnt suck.
2) I am going to cut this off at 14 tyers, each person ties 13 flies.
3) I am going to have too many coozies after the Tailwater/Streamer II swaps, so lets have everyone add a sticker in this one. Make sure the sticker is unique and something that someone would actually want to put on something they own (rod tube, tying bench, stripper pole).
4) SEND RETURN POSTAGE - Either enough cash to cover return postage or, even easier, a pre addressed/postaged envolope or box. This aint no free ride! Oh yeah, put toe tags on em so we know who tied what.
5) Due date is April 1st, 2010. (negotiable)

Other than that, get to it fellas!

:cool

OFFICIAL ROSTER
Myself - Count Chocula and its light skinned brother
NICH
CCB - articulated soft hair pattern, reaper style.
Squiggly - Blair Mouse Wet (sans tube)
Steelhyde
BearsFan - Mr Hankey
JoshO
NEKvt
Wovenstonefly - Tube Morrish Wet
Jacky Treehorn - Deer hair head, marabou, articulated, stinger hook, chenille tail...and some foam thrown in for a little extra floatation so that lil fag Leeching Bunny will quit ripping off his shit
Capt
SLSS - Unknown Tubage
AKPowderbutt
LeachingBunny - Articulated Treehorn/DirtyRat combo[/report]
Last edited by Woolybug25 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

NICH

Re: Official Miceness Swap

Post by NICH » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm in bitches :cool The date sounds good to me since I'll want them for ice-off, sticker sounds killer too.
P.S. I've never tied a mouse so expect a shit tie... I really only join these things to fill my box ya know. Wow that feels good to get off my chest
"Did you hand a buddy your coors light and say "watch this" right before posting this shit?" Yard Sale

We've already discussed pissed stained goat pubes and their applications in fly tying... Do a search dumb@$$! JoshO

http://flyobsession.com/

cougarcockburn

Post by cougarcockburn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Woolybug254 wrote: SEND RETURN POSTAGE - Either enough cash to cover return postage or, even easier, a pre addressed/postaged envolope or box. This aint no free ride!
yup, I forgot on the bigfatty #1 swap, I'll make it up to you this go 'round....+ free ride & cocktails on das boot :cool

iN.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks. -HST

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm

cougarcockburn wrote:
Woolybug254 wrote: SEND RETURN POSTAGE - Either enough cash to cover return postage or, even easier, a pre addressed/postaged envolope or box. This aint no free ride!
yup, I forgot on the bigfatty #1 swap, I'll make it up to you this go 'round....+ free ride & cocktails on das boot :cool

iN.
haha, most people did. No worries, its my own fault for not saying anything before hand. Your flies were worth the postage anyways. :cool

NICH - You are breaking your one day rule! haha :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

NICH

Post by NICH » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:51 pm

I was a bumass and didn't send it either. I'll get ya back good this go round. Yes, I slaughtered my rule and only made it 20 minutes. But sometimes you just gotta say fuck it :cool
"Did you hand a buddy your coors light and say "watch this" right before posting this shit?" Yard Sale

We've already discussed pissed stained goat pubes and their applications in fly tying... Do a search dumb@$$! JoshO

http://flyobsession.com/

Squiggly

Post by Squiggly » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Just peeped the smallie boxes and realized I have all of two meeeesez left. Shit. I'm in.
~X~ "Don't just stand there, raise your gun and let the lead fly." wnm

http://www.millermoorephotography.com

steelhyde

Post by steelhyde » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:10 pm

I'll do this if it stays small. I just dont see there being much variation in mouse patterns to support a huge swap.

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm down if there is room, dirty rats for everyone.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

JoshO

Post by JoshO » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Count me in please.

Skate Rat or a Moorish Wet?

Josh
Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically vegetable. - Ron Swanson

thalweg

Post by thalweg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:23 pm

I would really like to get in on this but with the fat streamer swap 2, working 2 jobs, tying for my glades trip, restoring a boat, and keeping hotrod serviced, I don't think I could pull it off. I refuse to be the guy holding up the show.
I want to see the results though. I love mice. :cool
"only two things smell like fish... and one of them is fish." -grandpa

"Please take a brief moment to answer this question as the ferry approaches the shore.
Do you have the coin to pay for your passage, or the courage to take up the oar?" -the sword

"Dreams are free motherfucker!" -d boon

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:32 pm

thalweg wrote:I would really like to get in on this but with the fat streamer swap 2, working 2 jobs, tying for my glades trip, restoring a boat, and keeping hotrod serviced, I don't think I could pull it off. I refuse to be the guy holding up the show.
I want to see the results though. I love mice. :cool
No worries, thats why I am keeping it small and putting the deadline out so far. I barely have time for this thing myself. Should be a cool batch of flies though.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

I am not entering this swap but here is a mouse in a bucket of water

If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo