kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By Aguirre
THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

1. AGUIRRE
d. SHUNNED
$. ROOT WAD
9. WOVEN STONE FLY
&. GLISTA
l. CHARLIE JENKINS
>. GINSENG SULLIVAN
Add on:
Jedi mind fuck

Classic Atlantic salmon flies are due in Atlanta no later than JULY 25, 2012. Participants will tie 7 flies with the extras to be auctioned for not less than $100 MILLION dollars and donated to a charity not yet determined. Participants shall send flies in a Riker box with tracking information. Aguirre the Wrath of God will randomly select flies for each member for a total of six flies, one from each Drakian.
Submitted flies should represent the Drakian's best work with particular attention to detail (see Glista's first fly).
The MVP of the swap will be selected by THE HOST and awarded a trophy.
A group photo of all the flies will be taken once gathered and posted on message boards far and wide. Children will cry, women will fall with weak knees, angels will sing.

Good luck, Godspeed

Antique hooks with twisted gut loops, or eyed hooks. We could do subs or no subs. if it calls for Heron, get Heron or blue eared. Calls for Indian Crow get Crow or use CDC or hackle tip. Needs Florican in the wing, you know the drill. 3/0 - 5/0. Doubles and Dee/Spey are also exceptable. Full history of each fly also must be provided so do some homework work. I have the history books if you don't.

Can you believe people could just walk into a shop and buy a fulldress Jock Scott to use for the day? And they caught fish!

Really this is a joke but I'd go in ifn some other sick people felt the need to complicate their life for a few nights.

Otherwise how bout another soft hackle swap? I want some of Hornidentity flies.

I don't expect much from this with everyone out fishing and drinking the summer away. Maybe fall would be a better time. Hell Root already has his done.
But I WOULD like get involved in a soft hackle swap deal. I been working on some nice lookers...
Last edited by Aguirre on Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hogleg
I'd join you except for my fear of jungle cock. (I never turn down an opportunity to use jungle cock in a sentence.)
Most of my fishing has a utilitarian approach and wall hangers don't usually find space in my fly box. My flies come from my vice and get fished or passed onto to other anglers.

I have done the terrestrial/attractor swap, summer steelhead swap, two streamer swaps,a backcountry swap, and a few side swaps. This swap would definitely humble me! Sort of wishing it was in the winter and I might be tempted.
By Pelhament
I would love to learn this art form, but passing on my first attempts would be a disservice to you all. However, if you go through with the soft hackle swap, let me know.
By Aguirre
Screw it. Maybe in the winter. The shear amount of time they take makes it pretty unrealistic anyway. I don't fish with the silly things either but I love the chance to see others people work in my hands.

I really want to do a soft hackle swap though. I'll start a thread once I've had coffee.
By CharlieJenkem
I could get talked into it.... I'm not cranking out a dozen of them, but maybe some kind of numbers in a hat round-robin arrangement might work
By root wad
I am with you Charlie. I would have a hard time tying 2 of the same pattern but I would tie a few different ones. I plan to have the ones I've been tying chewed up in BC starting the 12th.
Attachments:
IMG_7626.jpg
IMG_7626.jpg (153.29 KiB) Viewed 9053 times
By Aguirre
Jesus Root, you're on a fucking mission.
I was on Ambien last night. (Take an ambien one night and sit down to the vise, you may be surprised in the morning)

Anyway, lets revisit this in the fall. I would love to get flies from yous guys, Charlie, maybe your idea is the way to go.
By NeedmoreDEET
I've been staring at the flies I got from Aguirre for the past week. I always wanted to tie some up and I've collected some of the required pieces, but never did anything. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

More pictures :cool
By CharlieJenkem
NeedmoreDEET wrote:I've been staring at the flies I got from Aguirre for the past week. I always wanted to tie some up and I've collected some of the required pieces, but never did anything. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

More pictures :cool

I've seen your flies, deet - you've got the skills. Get crackin'!! :cool
Rust Belt 2019

awright, late to the party, but thought I'd add a […]

A Confession

^this re: what is wrong in my life that I must ge[…]

I agree. Perhaps some homegrown heavahs will help […]

Thanks for reminding me why I hang out with the ol[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine