kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By NICH
SLSS wrote:
NICH wrote:
SLSS wrote:Hey muskie nugget, arent you in on this?
Ha you talking to me? If so... no.
Course I'm talking to you (that was an awesome fish), and why the hell not?!?!!?!?
Thanks Rick one of my top 5 catches of my life so far. Because I need to tie swap flies like I need a hole in the head right now Rainy's submissions block out the month of November at the tying desk :bomb Plus I've never even cast at a GT.
By SA Guy
SLSS - I like neutral colours, chartreuse over white etc. Dark brown and black when the sun starts to fade, but many fisherman that has success with them fish bright colours, as there are many tropical fish they hunt on the reefs that has very bright colours. The ones I posted is good imitations of freshwater bait fish found in these parts, so the colouring is not really ideal for GT's, although the barbel fly's colouring is pretty good.

Maniac - There you go, one from the Indian ocean. (Not a great pic, but shows the colouring)
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (70.67 KiB) Viewed 532 times
By blumpkin
[report]Image[/report]

Stolen pic of an #85 lber caught 10/31/11 Seychelles on a Meiser 9' 9" 7/8 Switch.

Apparently GT's were on this Geezers bucket list as well.
By NeedmoreDEET
blumpkin wrote:[report]Image[/report]

Stolen pic of an #85 lber caught 10/31/11 Seychelles on a Meiser 9' 9" 7/8 Switch.

Apparently GT's were on this Geezers bucket list as well.
Well that Geezer must be a stud to bag that fish on fly :cool
By SLSS
What age does one achieve geezer status (careful here). I best get busy as I hope to attain geezer stud status. :coffee
By BearsFan
SLSS wrote:What age does one achieve geezer status (careful here). I best get busy as I hope to attain geezer stud status. :coffee
Pretty sure it is anything over 40.
By SLSS
BearsFan wrote:
SLSS wrote:What age does one achieve geezer status (careful here). I best get busy as I hope to attain geezer stud status. :coffee
Pretty sure it is anything over 40.
Somehow, someway, that's gonna cost you.

Cept I'll probably forget you said it...... :bomb
By Maniac
I'm thinking that a dubbing-brush fly, made of a stainless-steel wire dubbing-brush, palmered forward for the body & a synthetic tail of some sort would be the most durable fly that you could make, right? Think I might use SP11's in 4/0 or 5/0 for this...any objections?

How many ties are we flying now?
By blumpkin
You tie 11 for the swap,
then throw in a random fly or two for the host.
Something that you think would work for river stripers preferably.

In return I send you the swap flys and random stuff from my closet.
Tube jigs, swimbaits, hell sometimes it's even fly fishing related.
By blumpkin
They get fed 4,000 hatchery rainbows every Friday morning.
10" Rainbow imitation should suffice.
The return of Stolen Hours

August 09, 2020 #32 $101/8 = $16.63 Gas $1.95[…]

One of those bands listened to off and on over the[…]

Rock curry

fuk that is all :cheer

Friday Cheer Through Pics

It's been while (most of you: who tf is this guy a[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine