kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.

What should we pick as the due date on this one, guys?

End of September
8%
End of November
15%
January 1
8%
Never
69%
Last night I was finally able to sit down and get started on my contribution to this swap.

I know that Hero likes his shrimp flies tied on doubles. That being the case, I think he’s going to absolutely love these hooks I found. They’re just like doubles, but with an extra hook. That makes them much more effective than regular doubles when you're standing out there in the middle of the river trying to snag an Atlantic in the gut. In fact I’m tempted to call these hooks extreme, but I won’t.
1.JPG
1.JPG (369.28 KiB) Viewed 813 times

Seeing as how time is of the essence, I’ve decided to go with a fairly simple pattern. Anyone interested in viewing the full SBS can find it on my blog. (NOTE: whiskey cork and cigar cutter are for SCALE ONLY!)
2.JPG
2.JPG (335.03 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Though this fly doesn’t look like much just sitting there on dry granite, it practically comes alive once it gets wet.

Here’s an underwater photo of the same fly.
3.jpg
3.jpg (39.25 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Hero: please PM me your address and I’ll mail these out to you as soon as they’re finished.

Also, what kind of “extra” are we supposed to include? PBR said he thought it was either doilies or scented soaps, but wasn’t sure. (Between you and me, he's really hoping it's scented soaps.)
I'd like to think those books are called "doubles plus." And I thought we were including scented candles? I hope I can find my receipts!

I might have to bow out from this swap as my flies, as I have imagined them, will not look anything like yours, Average Joe.
Don't feel bad my friend.

Several weeks back I went on one helluva bender, and somehow I got "End of September" confused with "Never." Thinking I was late for the swap, I talked my wife into staying up half the night and sewing up a dozen potpourri sachets (mistakenly assuming that potpourri sachets were the required "extra"). Then I mixed up a big pitcher of vodka and Red Bull and sat down at the vice with every intention of cranking out all of my shrimp flies before the dawn. It didn't quite work out that way, and it's still too early to talk about what actually happened that night.

Anyway.

Please keep threatening to join and then drop out of this swap. You are an inspiration to us all.

And scented candles as an "extra" are an excellent suggestion. God knows the men's room at my office could have used one today.

thanks im gunnins for another 23 the neighbors gav[…]

scott schimdt and n face steeptechs ski gears stil[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Rose Caddis (Potter variation) ht[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Headin out for the weekend https://i.imgur.com/k[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine