Paranormal Mayfly

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
pittendrigh

Paranormal Mayfly

Post by pittendrigh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:20 am

#18 DaiRiki 125, duck flank, Zelon, dubbing, ribbing, fibetts--with the (soft-flexible) body tied separately on a #12 beading needle.

pittendrigh

Re: Paranormal Mayfly

Post by pittendrigh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:32 am

Actually there is one more material: 5 or 6 strands of elk hair which get tied onto a horizontal beading needle. The elk hair compresses and grips the thread, making a good foundation for the rest of the modular fly body. At the rear end, right before dubbing the body blank on the needle I put a tiny dab of wet watered down fabric cement and then wind the dubbing. That locks the rear-most wraps so the fly does not unravel in use. You do have to keep the fabric cement to a bare minimum, just at the base of the tails, if you want the finished body to still be soft and flexible. Once done you slide the body blank off the needle and attach it to a hook.

The horizontal Zelon hackle (aka a Right Hackle) gets basted on loosely with one and only one horizontal wrap from the eye to the base of the abdomen and then back up to the eye again. Adjust the now loosely-attached Right Hackles so they look right. Then glue them in place permanently with ZapAGap or with watered down fabric cement. Then trim the hackle to shape and it's done. Flies don't have to be this elaborate to catch fish. But they're fun to tie. And like a home made boat--they tend to attract smiles and comments too. ;=))
Last edited by pittendrigh on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:53 am

fuck off and die in a fire

it feels good to be back
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:29 pm

pittendrigh wrote:DaiRiki
Self respect isnt something you have, is it?

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Its ok if you dont, I have very little myself. But in other things, you know, not in hook selection. Each to their own, though, or whatever it is they say.

pittendrigh

Post by pittendrigh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Wuz going on here? I'm confused by both responses above. Explanation is always good. Clear communication, as it were.

Ah. OK. I did some reading around. I get it. This is an asylum. I can handle that. Although I'm not sure I want to.

This board reminds me of usenet back in the 90s where each un-moderated group had one or two resident, low-self-esteem nut case losers (like Jerry Stuckle on comp.lang.php) with no life outside the group, who sought to make each new incoming participant submit to their dominance as group enforcers.

You're going to have to work harder if you want to get to me. I tend to enjoy a good fight. Although I usually don't bother with fools. A good fight isn't much fun without a worthy adversary. Dontcha know.
Last edited by pittendrigh on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:47 pm

You've been lurking since April/13 and you "don't get it...?" while (with an oil lamp stumbling through the marketplace during daylight) you seek a worthy adversary...so you say...
Seems to me you are unarmed...
gtfo
Last edited by FormerlyChaseChrome on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pittendrigh

Post by pittendrigh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:52 pm

I got a password some months ago. But today was the first time I logged in.

The bylaws on another page says these boards don't reflect on Drake Magazine. But of course they do. I work in the industry. I'll pass this around. My colleagues need to know what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake.

Another thing I noticed. I'll guess this board runs on Drupal. I can tell because it is so annoyingly slow.

Actually. Now that I think about it. It's not my colleagues I need to pass the pages onto. It's the advertisers.

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:29 pm

pittendrigh wrote:I work in the industry.
Whoa.

Back off everybody, this guy's legit.

He's probably got a card or certificate of some kind.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 pm

pittendrigh wrote:I got a password some months ago. But today was the first time I logged in.

The bylaws on another page says these boards don't reflect on Drake Magazine. But of course they do. I work in the industry. I'll pass this around. My colleagues need to know what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake.

Another thing I noticed. I'll guess this board runs on Drupal. I can tell because it is so annoyingly slow.

Actually. Now that I think about it. It's not my colleagues I need to pass the pages onto. It's the advertisers.
Just don't tell N.emo's mother.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 pm

pittendrigh wrote:I work in the industry. I'll pass this around. My colleagues need to know what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake.

You must be great at parties.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:39 pm

all of this could have been avoided if you just died in a fire...
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin