Paranormal Mayfly

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
pbrstreetgang

Re: Paranormal Mayfly

Post by pbrstreetgang » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Hey Sandy
No one cares. At all. About you, your industry ties, or your shitty fly.
Thanks for stopping by.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Adams

Post by Adams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:03 pm

ChaseChrome wrote:You've been lurking since April/13 and you "don't get it...?" while (with an oil lamp stumbling through the marketplace during daylight) you seek a worthy adversary...so you say...
Seems to me you are unarmed...
gtfo
Mr. I'm In The Industry can't figure out that an introduction is in order and you drop a Diogenes reference on him?

If he can't figure the first, do ya really think he'll understand the second?
Last edited by Adams on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

foureyedgeek

Post by foureyedgeek » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:11 pm

I was going to take a guess at what Industry you were in, but decided starting my Saturday evening off by Google image searching for "gay gigolo" kinda sets a theme for the night I'm not willing to pursue.
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

See...you underestimate the inmates here "moran"...Diogenes (or Nietzsche for that matter) finds a certain appreciation here...and Adams is correct insofar he augurs it is likely lost on the "unarmed..."

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:16 pm

pittendrigh wrote:

Actually. Now that I think about it. It's not my colleagues I need to pass the pages onto. It's the advertisers.
Start with Cheeky reels please.

You can do that after you fuck off by the way.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Adams

Post by Adams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:15 pm

pittendrigh wrote:
Actually. Now that I think about it. It's not my colleagues I need to pass the pages onto. It's the advertisers.
What. A. D-bag.

You went from . . . "Hey, look at my shitty fly." . . . to . . . .""I'm in for a good fight" . . . to " . . . I want to try and fuck Tom Bie's business" . . . because of somebody's posts on the innerwebs in response to you unsolicited posting of a fly?

Wow. Self-important, thin-skinned, and vengeful. Thank you for your contribution. . .
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:55 pm

pittendrigh wrote:one or two resident, low-self-esteem nut cases
one or two?

fuck you
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

upshitscreek

Post by upshitscreek » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:03 am

Adams wrote:
pittendrigh wrote:
I want to try and fuck Tom Bie's business" . . . because of somebody's posts on the innerwebs in response to you unsolicited posting of a fly?

So this guy, Sandy Pittendrigh, who apparently sells do-it-yourself guides/blueprints to building dories and the runner of a shitty,little used "phorum" is trying to pass himself off as some power player in the "industry" and a business ender with a couple emails? Versus the owner/editor of a popular, highly regarded, national fly fishing magazine? Mmmm....okay. Pure genius, pittendrigh.

All you've done here is put yourself and your business, http://www.montana-riverboats.com/?page=index.htm, in a bad light. Safe to say probably not a company anybody from here will be doing business with any time soon. Again, you are a genius, Sandy. Assholes or not, it's been long established that we fish, buy gear, travel far and wide for fish and our money is still green so I doubt any advertisers are going anywhere with the green shit in the wind.

And in case anyone feels like taking a dump on his doorstep as he's done here, this is his "phorum"....

http://www.montana-riverboats.com/phorum/index.php

It could certainly use the traffic.

See how that works, cupcake?

pittendrigh

Post by pittendrigh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm

pittendrigh wrote:I got a password some months ago. But today was the first time I logged in.
Now it's the second day.

Here's a photo illustrating how to make a Right Hackle. Baste some fuzz onto the bottom of the thorax loosely with one figure eight wrap, from eye to the bend of the hook and back to the eye. Then glue it in place permanently with CA glue or watered down fabric cement. Synthetic fuzz floats well (Zelon in this case) and it's a lot cheaper than rooster necks.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Wow - the close up photo makes this fly look even shittier. I believe there was a recommendation earlier that you investigate death by immolation. I'd say you give that a shot, Sandra.

Your shtick is tiring. Fuck the fuck off.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:38 am

pittendrigh wrote:I got a password some months ago. But today was the first time I logged in.

The bylaws on another page says these boards don't reflect on Drake Magazine. But of course they do. I work in the industry. I'll pass this around. My colleagues need to know what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake.
Please do & while you are fucking right off, take you mates with you.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

mendthatshit87

Post by mendthatshit87 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 pm

The bylaws on another page says these boards don't reflect on Drake Magazine. But of course they do. I work in the industry. I'll pass this around. My colleagues need to know what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake.

Another thing I noticed. I'll guess this board runs on Drupal. I can tell because it is so annoyingly slow.

I actually believe that you havent logged in until you posted a SBS...

Because if you had, you would have realized we don't give a flying fuck about the 'industry'. Thats why were all here, we're the avant-garde John Lennon to your country singing sorry ass Ringo. Go tell your boss at Orvis I don't give a shit about you, he will probably agree with me anyways.
"......what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake."