PMD Wulff

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
ScottP

PMD Wulff

Post by ScottP » Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Mike,

Played around a bit; don't know if this is anything like you were looking for. Tried to send it in a PM but my outbox appears to be hosed.

ended up using a hackle-fiber tail because I couldn't get the deer hair to flair the way I wanted. Pretty basic, although if I'm using ungulate hair, I still prefer Harrop's Hair Wing Dun which is a lot easier for me to tie.
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter

austrotard

Re: PMD Wulff

Post by austrotard » Thu May 07, 2015 8:42 pm

mike,

really?
you couldn't work out calf wings inside a pmd hackle??

I could just about understand it if you were blind, mike... then this post could serve its applicable purpose.

mr. not fit to be talleur's asshole,

spamming preschool ties is not helping this current 'drake dad joke' situation.
it's actually doing the pole opposite.

you're attracting mediocracy.
tie something above a second year level or fuck off to foal where this shit belongs. all of it.
and it's not like this is the only forum cut/pasting your showcase... is it?
pick a god damn audience suitable to your expertise and abilities. when you arrive, nail your feet to the floor and live there.
you can bask in all the glory you've so obviously earned.

"I work in the industry."
good. with boring, simple and 'borrowed' ideas you fucking well deserve it.

no offence.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

root wad

Post by root wad » Thu May 07, 2015 10:04 pm

"Bout time. How about a fully dressed bead head egg-sucking worm?
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 pm

austrotard wrote:mike,

really?
you couldn't work out calf wings inside a pmd hackle??

I could just about understand it if you were blind, mike... then this post could serve its applicable purpose.

mr. not fit to be talleur's asshole,

spamming preschool ties is not helping this current 'drake dad joke' situation.
it's actually doing the pole opposite.

you're attracting mediocracy.
tie something above a second year level or fuck off to foal where this shit belongs. all of it.
and it's not like this is the only forum cut/pasting your showcase... is it?
pick a god damn audience suitable to your expertise and abilities. when you arrive, nail your feet to the floor and live there.
you can bask in all the glory you've so obviously earned.

"I work in the industry."
good. with boring, simple and 'borrowed' ideas you fucking well deserve it.

no offence.
[/standing ovation, over the top, bring the house down, some of your best work eva, applause thingy]

or some shit.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

ScottP

Post by ScottP » Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 am

tard,

If it makes you feel better to waste the limited amount of time you have on this planet posting screed like this, have at it. I got nothing but love for you.

(betedubs, the wings are bleached deer)
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri May 08, 2015 6:20 am

mike's gay too.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 am

My PMDs are not Wulffs - but they would piss you guys off badly.

AND - Runoff makes me feel a lot better about driving up the river and not fishing.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Fri May 08, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm Mike.

Saw this bug in some bins in a fly shop once, bought two dozen and ran out. Have never seen 'em since in a commercially available situation. Some flies are for fishing, and some are for looking pretty. This one is for fishing heavy water, heavy upwellings, and elevated trout. When I tie my own, they come out fishable but I've got issues with keeping the body thin after tying in the elk hair for the wings. Calf tail doesn't work - it doesn't float high enough.

But whatever. When you actually spend 100+ days a year on the water, you need flies that float well, are durable, and fish. And this fly fishes. That's all there is too it.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Willi

Post by Willi » Fri May 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Spudnik wrote:I'm Mike.

Saw this bug in some bins in a fly shop once, bought two dozen and ran out. Have never seen 'em since in a commercially available situation. Some flies are for fishing, and some are for looking pretty. This one is for fishing heavy water, heavy upwellings, and elevated trout. When I tie my own, they come out fishable but I've got issues with keeping the body thin after tying in the elk hair for the wings. Calf tail doesn't work - it doesn't float high enough.

But whatever. When you actually spend 100+ days a year on the water, you need flies that float well, are durable, and fish. And this fly fishes. That's all there is too it.

Interesting, I find that calftail floats MUCH better and longer than elk or deer. Put some Gink on it and it floats like a cork and unlike hollow hair, it doesn't waterlog.

PS Astrotard, you've been sounding like a whiny, bitter, old man lately. Hope your health is OK........

Willi

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Maybe, but in such small amounts, the hollow hair doesn't get as waterlogged is my guess. These flies floated like corks and outfished PMD Para-wulffs and Tilt-wing duns by noticeable margins. Also, I use them when PMDs and Sallies are both around, which may have something to do with it. Gotta emphasize again that I mostly use these in heavy, turbulent water and specifically for big rainbows that are elevating in upwellings and back eddies.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

brownsville

Post by brownsville » Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 pm

glad that's settled

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri May 08, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm with the 'tard, that muddler sucks.

Non-related: we have 80 degrees and an easterly today. I'm enjoying some fish tacos and a familiar by the marina. I've seen probably a half dozen SUP chicks changing. Perverts paradise this is.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW