shipping Flies for swaps

kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
comescrashing

shipping Flies for swaps

Post by comescrashing » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

Probably already been thought of, but every time you send out swap flies you put in return postage or whatever. Anybody ever tried repackaging the same box or envelope with the swap flies and just writing return to sender on it? Probably a reason for not doing this but it just pooped in my head.

root wad

Re: shipping Flies for swaps

Post by root wad » Mon May 18, 2015 11:38 am

I just hate it when something poops in my head.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

comescrashing

Post by comescrashing » Mon May 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Well shit

NeedmoreDEET

Post by NeedmoreDEET » Mon May 18, 2015 5:48 pm

I use USPS "Small Flat Rate Box" (about the size of a VHS tape) and a "Mailing Box" (similar, but with the ability to fold smaller). I put the flat rate priority postage with home address on the small one, stuff it in the big one with flies, and mail the flat rate box off to the swap master. All they need to do on the other end is stuff it with flies, seal it up, and drop it in the mail box.
I like that quote....now have someone hold your head under water until you post a proper intro....or until you stop struggling. - RFA

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

NeedmoreDEET wrote:I use USPS "Small Flat Rate Box" (about the size of a VHS tape) and a "Mailing Box" (similar, but with the ability to fold smaller). I put the flat rate priority postage with home address on the small one, stuff it in the big one with flies, and mail the flat rate box off to the swap master. All they need to do on the other end is stuff it with flies, seal it up, and drop it in the mail box.
I really wish everyone did this. It's the easiest, cheapest and most organized way to do it.
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Mon May 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:
NeedmoreDEET wrote:I use USPS "Small Flat Rate Box" (about the size of a VHS tape) and a "Mailing Box" (similar, but with the ability to fold smaller). I put the flat rate priority postage with home address on the small one, stuff it in the big one with flies, and mail the flat rate box off to the swap master. All they need to do on the other end is stuff it with flies, seal it up, and drop it in the mail box.
I really wish everyone did this. It's the easiest, cheapest and most organized way to do it.
Which precludes the widespread adoption of the concept here.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG