kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By pbrstreetgang
I would like to request an addition two spots for the Moral Support group.

thank you
By befuddled
Good call peebs. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind being on the moral support group in addition to being a swap participant.

Anybody know where I can get some of those 2/3 treble hooks that hero ties with?
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
No to both requests.

befuddled, any British flishing tackle vendor will carry double hooks. They are the hook of choice for the traditional salmon angler.
By pbrstreetgang
I'm sorry to hear your response.

I would like to conclude my participation in this endeavor at this time. This swap obviously carries little value to anyone seriously engaged in shrimp fly swap moral support.

good day
By fly-chucker
in support of Peebs, I will boycott shrimps until his demands are met :smile
By befuddled
There is a shrimp fly in that grass. Anyone who finds it is welcome to it. I hate it.

By befuddled
Glista wrote:
befuddled wrote: Anybody know where I can get some of those 2/3 treble hooks that hero ties with?
I can send you some doubles for shrimp flies. let me know bro.
Well, I'll certainly accept some, but only if you know the recipe for a shrimp a dumbass can tie...
By fly-chucker
befuddled wrote:
Glista wrote:
befuddled wrote: Anybody know where I can get some of those 2/3 treble hooks that hero ties with?
I can send you some doubles for shrimp flies. let me know bro.
Well, I'll certainly accept some, but only if you know the recipe for a shrimp a dumbass can tie...
here you go, doesn't even need fancy hooks.
1 pound penne pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, and deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup white wine
1/3 cup clam juice
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and set aside.
Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
By befuddled
The shrimp swap has been postponed due to tarpon season.
whatcha tying?

Started tying a ghost fly But that was like last y[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Silver Invicta Muddled Crippler https://liv[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

m never minds ill figure out the avatar things t[…]

Rust Belt 2019

This. Oh Lord, put me in this picture one day[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine