kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By mendthatshit87
Heres a pretty simple tie I made that killed the last time I was in the Berry Islands...Lands soft, and has pretty good action. Dont know what to call it yet...Sorry for the crappy pics, but Im new to the whole taking pics of flies thing. enjoy

Also tried a couple beers I hadnt tasted before from magic hat, pretty good stuff.
Attachments:
spring inspiration.JPG
goes down too easy
spring inspiration.JPG (57.66 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
last spring tie at home.JPG
no background...tisk tisk
last spring tie at home.JPG (62.72 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
last spring tie at home 2.JPG
better...but lighting sucks ass...
last spring tie at home 2.JPG (49.97 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
By Adams
Looks like a nice simple but fishy fly. Angora?
By mendthatshit87
adams- nice call on the Angora...picked it up in a local fly shop and was labeled "angora leech yarn" thought it might work on some small bonefish patterns so tied a couple and the bonefish seemed to approve.
The rest of the fly is just plain calf tail, sili legs, and krystal flash, simple but pretty effective.

Hero- this was my first time trying anything by magic hat besides magic hat #9 and I was impressed...perfect beers for spring
By mendthatshit87
Just looking at fly patterns for an upcoming research trip to Andros Island. Almost everybody talks about the "Ververka Mantis Shrimp"
Looks like that bastard Bob Ververka stole my pattern. That punk.
ververka.jpg
ververka.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
By flybug.pa.
Call it the magic hat. And screw the rest of those guys. That's your pattern and that's that
By mendthatshit87
ChaseChrome wrote:Mends' HatShit
I thought it was shit until Percy Darville pulled it out of my box and told me to tie it on back in 2003. I was in 10th grade.

meh. let them breathe cake...

scott schimdt and n face steeptechs ski gears stil[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Rose Caddis (Potter variation) ht[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Headin out for the weekend https://i.imgur.com/k[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine