kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By befuddled
Hola gents,

I'm going baby tarpon feeshing in Mejico in Dec and need some advice on flies.

anybody got some good patterns? Campeche region.

thanks!
befuddled
By NeedmoreDEET
I'm not familiar with that particular region, but I've got a few patterns that work in the 'Glades. The juveniles aren't nearly as discriminating as the big ones. I'll post up a few when I get home from work.
By floodtide
White works good here. I can't imagine that #2 white sliders wouldn't work there as well as they do on our IRL fish.

When you find happy fish, almost anything works. When you find fish that have been fucked with, almost nothing works.
By BearsFan
If they are being picky sometimes going down a few sizes does the trick.
By NeedmoreDEET
A Muddler variation on Owner Mosquito hooks - sharp with a nice wide bite.
IMG_0766_web.jpg
IMG_0766_web.jpg (148.65 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
Ugly little secret - marabou, twisted marabou body. 30 sec. tie. Works good for me when nothing else will in the Everglades backcountry. The one on the right is after a few snook, but I've had baby poons hit it as well.
IMG_0767_web.jpg
IMG_0767_web.jpg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
By BearsFan
Deet that looks a lot like the one in the middle I made for some little 8-15" tarpon in Vero. Mine is rabbit with a twisted EP Fiber wrap body that is cut with a razor to rough out the body a bit. That little guy tore them apart.
By NeedmoreDEET
Nice stuff! Purple seems to be a hot color down this way, but I haven't made the switch yet.
By n8
[report]
GoodShit.jpg
GoodShit.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
[/report]
By Mexico
Yellow slider ought to get you some love...

I actually caught my first poon of fly using a freshwater pattern called a Black Face Dace...Dumb ass Flamingo feesh...
By befuddled
many thanks amigos.

hopefully I'll post a trip report in a couple of weeks.

if not, I got skunked and spent the remainder of my vacation under the influence.
By befuddled
This thread just made me book a trip to campeche
By Hogleg
Glad to see some signs of life after the Asian spam apocalypse. You guys have any booze or cigarettes to spare?
Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Friday bump #fucktheSBSshit

"official" intro

I’ve fished this dude’s flies....got a[…]

CarpSpace

I finally got a day off....fed about a dozen in tw[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Cheech’s Moodah Poodah https://live.st[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine