I'm All Set

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Salmotrutta

I'm All Set

Post by Salmotrutta » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm

I jest got meh 476XP back with two new tips. I''ll be inflicting damage on the bushes come Thursday or Friday. I'd go out now, but I was just at the Doc. & he's telling me to lay low until I can breathe again.
At least I have a couple days to find a reel with 4wt. line on it. :coffee
Lyrical

Kylemc

Re: I'm All Set

Post by Kylemc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:18 pm

you need a reel with 4wt line on it? I can help you out.

you have a pm
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks. I kinda meant if I can find it in all my shit. I think it's still attached to the Orvis rod I broke last fall. I'll know when I locate the rod I guess.
Lyrical

RFA

Post by RFA » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 pm

2 tips? Dude, what did you do to get 2 tips?
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 pm

RedFeatherAngler wrote:2 tips? Dude, what did you do to get 2 tips?
Sage wanted me to fish their rods. Period. I told them when a tip breaks I have to resort to Orvis. Next thing you know I have a spare tip for nutin'.
This was a while back. You know- when they listened to us, closed up in the afternoon to go Steelheading & liked a good kegger.
I'll tell you how long ago it was. I fished every day. I hope heaven is like those days.
Lyrical

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't know what he did to get 2 tips, but I sure as shit am going to find out.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

johnbmadwis

Post by johnbmadwis » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Last Summer I got a 10 year old Sage SP tip fixed in less than 2 weeks. So Sage has done good by me.

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:24 pm

WHAT :bullshit is this.
Last edited by Overcast on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Spudnik wrote:I don't know what he did to get 2 tips, but I sure as shit am going to find out.
Salmotrutta wrote:Sage wanted me to fish their rods. Period. I told them when a tip breaks I have to resort to Orvis. Next thing you know I have a spare tip for nutin'.
Salmotrutta wrote:I jest got meh 476XP back with two new tips.
This whole story sounds like bullshit. I work for SAGE third tier. Care to post up them two free tips, or is this a replay of the fox that didn't get away.
Last edited by Overcast on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

stonedfly

Post by stonedfly » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 am

Warranty

The Spare Tip Program

Sage is offering a spare tip program for your favorite Sage rods. Please contact our warranty department for pricing and availability.

The Sage Lifetime Warranty

Every new Sage rod, blank, 6000, 4500, 4500CF, 3800CF, Click, 3000 & 2500 series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty.

This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, loss, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.

Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary. Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts.

The lifetime, original owner warranty applies to rods with a serial #
"We must be careful about what we pretend to be."n --Kurt Vonnegut

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 am

stonedfly wrote:Warranty
The Spare Tip Program
Sage is offering a spare tip program for your favorite Sage rods. Please contact our warranty department for pricing and availability.

The Sage Lifetime Warranty
Every new Sage rod, blank, 6000, 4500, 4500CF, 3800CF, Click, 3000 & 2500 series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty.
Wasn't questioning SAGE Spare Tip Program, just salmo's explanation of how he manages all these sweetheart deals. Follow his first to last post. Did you send the rod to them, or did their magic elves from SAGE swing pass the house.

In order to have a product serviced:
Please visit your local dealer or send it to the address below.

If you choose to send the Sage Product directly to us, please send the entire Product, freight pre-paid, and insured for its full value. Be sure to include all broken parts or pieces. Package the Product either in its original packaging, or in packaging affording an equal degree of protection as the original packaging.

Include a note with your name, shipping address, phone # and e-mail address (if available), as well as a brief explanation of the nature of the problem.

For return shipments within the U.S., also include a check for $50, or a Visa, Master Card or American Express credit card # with the name that appears on the card, and the expiration date.

Salmotrutta wrote:Sage wanted me to fish their rods. Period. I told them when a tip breaks I have to resort to Orvis. Next thing you know I have a spare tip for nutin'.
~Frank Herbert~

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 am

I got the extra tip before that program started. Like 9 years ago when most of you were in grade school. All I can say is I talked with someone out there & they offered an extra tip so I could continue to fish their rods if a breakage occurred.
If you don't like it too bad. It's a deal between Sage & myself.
Lyrical