All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By Spudnik
Uh, you said that you just got your 476XP back with two new tips. What am I misunderstanding about that? New means new, as in recent, right?

And free means free, right? As in you paid nothing for them?

Did Sage charge you the $50 repair fee?
By Salmotrutta
Spudnik wrote:Uh, you said that you just got your 476XP back with two new tips. What am I misunderstanding about that? New means new, as in recent, right?

And free means free, right? As in you paid nothing for them?

Did Sage charge you the $50 repair fee?
I broke the old ones. Smoke another. Fuck- can't you people read? Yes- I paid for the repair. Read the post you fucking dimwhit.
By Spudnik
OK.

I get it now.

You got 2 tips a while back, broke them both, and then had them both repaired.

You weren't that clear, but its starting to make some sense.

I never doubted that you had two tips. One in your ass, the other in your mouth.
By shunned
ha ha.

in all serious...
I'm being serious now.

about 6mths ago that looser 'raptor' sent back a snap sp and the bastards sent him a brand spanking new one built to the same specs for nish.

all right, as I'm being serious.. they charged him 55AUD.

I don't mind being a sage lemming.
fuck off.
By Salmotrutta
So when I was talking to the repair shop some 9 or so years ago about destroying my tip too often & had to use my Orvis while this one was in the shop he offered to send me a second tip with the repair. So for a 20 skin repair I actually got a new rod & two tips.
I got a new rod because he thought there may be a problem with it making the tips shatter.
Since then when I break a tip I get a new one out & keep fishing. This time I broke both tips before sending in for repair.
I paid the 50 bones repair and got both tips replaced. I thought it was cool of them to replace both tips for one repair cost. Right?
I'm not bragging about the deal they made me so I would fish their rods- just saying I'm good to go again & they were pretty cool to me once.
I fish Sage because of shit like this.
By RFA
Salmotrutta wrote:So when I was talking to the repair shop some 9 or so years ago about destroying my tip too often & had to use my Orvis while this one was in the shop he offered to send me a second tip with the repair. So for a 20 skin repair I actually got a new rod & two tips.
I got a new rod because he thought there may be a problem with it making the tips shatter.
Since then when I break a tip I get a new one out & keep fishing. This time I broke both tips before sending in for repair.
I paid the 50 bones repair and got both tips replaced. I thought it was cool of them to replace both tips for one repair cost. Right?
I'm not bragging about the deal they made me so I would fish their rods- just saying I'm good to go again & they were pretty cool to me once.
I fish Sage because of bullshit stories like this.

fixed....
By Outcast
If I had been the Sage rep I'd have told you that while I really appreciate your business, using Orvis as an excuse to get free shit is pretty lame. If you want to fish those shitty old clubs then go for it. If you want to always have a Sage to fish with then quit being such a cheap, freeloading bastard, sell your Orvis and buy a spare Sage, problem solved.

PS: You have to send in all sections of the rod for a repair so that they can properly match the ferrules so your story about having an extra tip so that you can continue to fish Sage rods is pure bullshit unless you expect us to believe that you are so special that Sage can magically match the ferrules on your new tip without having the butt. When you break a tip in order to get it repaired you have to send the butt in too so you'll be fishing with an Orvis one way or the other. You really should spend more time constructing your elaborate lies because when you get caught it makes you look like a jackass.
By Salmotrutta
Where did I say I didn't need to send the butt & broken tip in? I said this time I broke both before sending back. Try less dope & maybe you could comprehend. And it wasn't a rep.- It was the repair shop. I asked for nothing mind- he offered.
I am fully stocked with Sage now thank you. At the time this was my only Sage rod. Smart move on his part maybe? It kept me coming back for more rods.
By Overcast
* Report this post [file under bullshit]
* Reply with quote [ no need when your as talented as Salmotrutta. SAGE knows who you are.]

I'm All Set

Postby Salmotrutta on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 am
I jest got meh 476XP back with two new tips. I''ll be inflicting damage on the bushes come Thursday or Friday. I'd go out now, but I was just at the Doc. & he's telling me to lay low until I can breathe again.
At least I have a couple days to find a reel with 4wt. line on it.

Postby Salmotrutta on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:52 pm
Sage wanted me to fish their rods. Period. I told them when a tip breaks I have to resort to Orvis. Next thing you know I have a spare tip for nutin'.
This was a while back. You know- when they listened to us, closed up in the afternoon to go Steelheading & liked a good kegger.
I'll tell you how long ago it was. I fished every day. I hope heaven is like those days.

So Salmo, to lessen your bullshit you sent the rod to SAGE correct.
Enclosed with the $50.00 to cover shipping and handling like everyone else other than guides, shop owners, industry professionals. or pathetic self absorbed attention whores.
Check one.

Correct: pathetic self absorbed attention whore

If you don't care to be so carefully scrutinized perhaps the real story, not that it was several years ago....and remember the day. People like to know their on a level playing field, you know like treat me the same, no better, no worse. That said, I still think your a pathetic self absorbed attention whore but that's just me. No better, no worse just someone who doesn't need their ego stroked.
:coffee
By Salmotrutta
Wow- you can read all of a sudden (or did someone do it for you?). Now fuck off and die. This is the basement & we have feelings. :coffee
Friday Cheer Through Pics

Ah.....summer. CC87ACDC-9DCF-4C0B-8D85-416E1B44[…]

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/12/small-firm-lawyer-[…]

KP got a good dig in.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

ttt Dick

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine