Page 4 of 151

Re: New Gear

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 pm
by flybug.pa.
you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee

Re: New Gear

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm
by Salmotrutta
flybug.pa. wrote:you better have a new one by then ....the clock aint gonna stop ticking :coffee
Gonna call the rod wrapper manana. I swear the only rod I haven't broken is a TFO. They need to make rods out of titanium for people who fish a bunch & beat the fuck out of their gear, or people like me who beat the fuck out of their stuff & break a rod on the one day of fishing a month. :coffee

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am
by flybug.pa.
maybe you need more TFOs. Dont we know someone on this (i am not sure what this place is anymore) spot who is in the biz with them. TICR is good. :coffee

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm
by Kylemc
Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:22 pm
by flybug.pa.
.......and i grabbed my shovel..... :coffee

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 pm
by West Chester
Kylemc wrote:
Kylemc wrote:I got a new piston and ring, new handlebars, revalved forks, new plastic, new throttle cable and slide, new rear sprocket. I will never be able to buy new rods, reels, cameras, etc. if he keeps crashing.
and yesterday I got a front brake calliper, a rear brake calliper, a master cylinder, 50 tooth rear gear, 14 tooth front gear, another rear rotor, brake pistons and o rings to fix old callipers for spares. I fukkin love moto x :bomb
Damn... you must be made of money :cool

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 pm
by Randall Dee
I've developed a fondness for basic gear pawl reels and picked up this new to me J.W. Young reel. I'm guessing it's about 50 years old. It's going on a back up spey rod. It was pretty crusted up with old varnished grease when I got it, but it cleaned right up. Sounds awesome and only $58 bucks shipped off fleabay. Came with the original box. Based on what old Hardy's go for, I think the Young's are one of the best bargains out there for an English made clicker.

Image

before cleanup
Image

after
Image

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm
by SLSS
Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?

Re: New Gear

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 pm
by Randall Dee
SLSS wrote:Sweet RD. I've got a JWY Beaudex I fish pretty regularly. Not in as nice a shape, but bomb-proof, and the pretty sound.

What are using for grease on the pawls?
Thanks SLSS. This one is a Beaudex as well. It's a 4 inch Salmon model. I also have a 3.5" Condex. I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.

Re: New Gear

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:35 am
by Spudnik
Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
Your poor wife. I would use vaseline or KY meself.

Re: New Gear

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 am
by SOBF
Your poor wife. I would use vaseline or KY meself.
NOW THAT IS FUNNY

Re: New Gear

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 am
by Randall Dee
Spudnik wrote:
Randall Dee wrote:
I'm using Quantum Hot Sauce for lube.
Your poor wife. I would use vaseline or KY meself.
They all work. My wife prefers the smell of the Hot Sauce. I save the KY for 24 year old frat boys. :cool