New Gear

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
ditchdoc

Re: New Gear

Post by ditchdoc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Will be breaking in a pair of those Simm's waist-highs at the bake this weekend.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am

There's a bake? Who told I was going fushing somewheres?
Lyrical

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 am

the 10 footer is in the mail :coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Ramcatt

Post by Ramcatt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 am

Salmotrutta wrote:There's a bake? Who told I was going fushing somewheres?
buy my rod
"Ramcatt is the origninal cuntry fishing troubadour, and the youngest dirty old man to fish these waters"
- Al Goldstein (c.1973)

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 am

After a prolonged, drawn out battle over a POS 9 weight Redington Rise Reel, I finally recieved a Sage 2080. They even somehow "lost" my $80 Rio Salt line, so they offered to give me another and put it on.....then put about 1/2 the backing necessary on the reel. I swear they are fucking with me, but I'm not complaining now that I finally got it. I will put the new backing on.
FALL 002.JPG
FALL 002.JPG (111.77 KiB) Viewed 502 times
FALL 001.JPG
FALL 001.JPG (113.07 KiB) Viewed 502 times
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:51 am

RFA wrote:After a prolonged, drawn out battle over a POS 9 weight Redington Rise Reel, I finally recieved a Sage 2080. They even somehow "lost" my $80 Rio Salt line, so they offered to give me another and put it on.....then put about 1/2 the backing necessary on the reel. I swear they are fucking with me, but I'm not complaining now that I finally got it. I will put the new backing on.
FALL 002.JPG
FALL 001.JPG
Now catch a damn fish on that thing! :smile
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

RFA

Post by RFA » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 am

SLSS wrote:
RFA wrote:After a prolonged, drawn out battle over a POS 9 weight Redington Rise Reel, I finally recieved a Sage 2080. They even somehow "lost" my $80 Rio Salt line, so they offered to give me another and put it on.....then put about 1/2 the backing necessary on the reel. I swear they are fucking with me, but I'm not complaining now that I finally got it. I will put the new backing on.
FALL 002.JPG
FALL 001.JPG
I don't fish anymore. Just hunt.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 am

RFA wrote:
SLSS wrote:
FALL 002.JPG
FALL 001.JPG
I don't fish anymore. Just hunt.
I think that reel's too big for grouse- send it to me. :wink
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 am

the backing isn't orange- simply useless :coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Backing situation inexcusable... :cheer New gear update :cheer fighting with the shop to get an NV 11/12 G9 for the 10'6" 7/8 switch. They already have the CCF10 set up, and don't know if they can come up with that NV before the swinger's bake.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm

that's last years reel, it's got the old logo. sucker.

burgerthumb

Post by burgerthumb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm

flybug.pa. wrote:werd has it the local shop will be carrying those in the early spring . thats almost a house payment :coffee
Don't cast it unless you want to lose a house payment.
"...when it's your favorite stream, at some point...ya just gotta stand in front of the bulldozers." -Deerhawk