I want to beat my dog. with a stick.

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
jhnnythndr

Re: I want to beat my dog. with a stick.

Post by jhnnythndr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 am

DUDE- The E collar is a game changer. Now she knows, even if there is no string attached, I am actually still in control. We used it for one week of training sessions, and now I put it on her in the house, or just whenever, though I don't use it, just to make sure she DOESN'T actually associate it with the source of pressure. we are running mulitiple marks with a blind out to 100yds. with a 7month old pup...

Anyway- still gonna go get a month long tune up during august to make sure she is sharp, and not impeded by my own inabilities, and preconceptions... as our duck opener is sep1.

But, 2 weeks ago, working with her was a pain. Now its not just a joy, its the absolute highlight of my day. 2 sessions, morning and night. morning we do the basics, night we work on new concepts, and expanding the repetoire.

The big thing I'm looking for with the FF isn't the fetch and hold, she has that, though she'll roll it around and chew a bit, which FF will fix, the big deal is that she KNOWS that I am in control, period, not her. Anyway, huge progress. Fucking about today I sent her, as though it were a blind, after a live duck... SHe realized after a short time what was up and chased that bird like her life depended on it... once it flew, I called her off, and put her onto a bumper I had tossed while she was swimming. she's getting confidence in my handles, which is NICE.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 am

I never did get around to beating him with a stick.
when I frowned he'd lie down.

I'd apologise for the bump.
but it is the bitching thread so fuck it.
fin.JPG
fin.JPG (190.47 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Float Rod

Post by Float Rod » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 am

Awesome picture, Mitch.

So sorry for your Family's loss....
they are all whores in the end.--bitter kyle

Why do you even bother? I'll mail you a hammer if you promise to smash your video camera with it.--Outcast

ironman

Post by ironman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:03 pm

What the fuk are those purple cuffs atop your wellies? I'dve walked in front of you too, mate, just to not see that ghey hosiery. Thank dog Rochester was color blind.

Nice tweeds though. I suppose you made that Hardy ginger as well. You stole her bag, nonetheless. We know what goes on too.

Great pic. I'm really in awe of your strength. Kinder gentler, and all that bull shit. I was a puddle after losing my first. For a long time. Been thinking of you guys a lot this week. Doesn't excuse the Jesus Quintana purple stockings though.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:42 am

We've all considered beating our gods as much as they've considered biting us for all they're worth. It's a monument to the relationship that it seldom occurs, and both are the better for it.

And everyone knows a bit of purple attracts unicorns... :cheer
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South