All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By Willi
#446229
Glista wrote: I think when you look at this statement you need to consider whether the fisherman in question are there specifically to catch fish or there to enjoy the entire process of fishing, if that makes any sense. 99 times out of a hundred a guy with a two handed rod is there for the entire experience. Guys using other tackle may be more into just catching fish. It seems to me that the more sophisticated an angler’s equipment is the more likely he is to be into the entire experience of fishing and not just to catch fish. I’m not saying there aren’t guys with pinning outfits that are into the entire experience but it is more likely they are there to just catch fish. Guides can usually pick out who is who fairly quick.
And the problem with catching fish is?????????????????????? It's not fishing without the fish.

I just think it's generally a mistake to judge a person by the THINGS he/she has whether it be fishing rods, cars, boats, homes, etc etc etc etc.....................

Willi
User avatar
By Glista
#446237
Willi wrote:And the problem with catching fish is?????????????????????? It's not fishing without the fish.

I just think it's generally a mistake to judge a person by the THINGS he/she has whether it be fishing rods, cars, boats, homes, etc etc etc etc.....................

Willi
Did I say it was a problem? Did I say I thought one was better than the other? Were in my post did you get that I was judging anyone?

Sorry to point this out Willi, but you seem to be way over sensitive about this. Got some bad shit going on in your life right now or something?
User avatar
By Salmotrutta
#446243
Yeah- that's gotta be it. Those who don't agree to your standards obviously have personal problems or no friends. What a joke.
FU&DIAF!
User avatar
By Salmotrutta
#446248
Go to faggito land bitch. Tell ricky bobby it isn't cool to rip people off & pay the fellow drakian back the funds floated to start his crap goop bidnezz. Hurry, like a good boy now.....
User avatar
By D-nymph
#446251
Salmotrutta wrote:Wow, so glad I never joined the ranks of peoples who think other peoples fishing is so stupid. Fishing is cool, fuck you for thinking any fishing is a bad thing. fucking asshats.
That's pretty funny. This site has more than a few posts by you busting on foam and egg flies and the people who choose to fish them or tie them. You probably were too high to remember. :coffee
User avatar
By Glista
#446254
This didn’t make much sense to me.
Salmotrutta wrote:Go to faggito land bitch. Tell ricky bobby it isn't cool to rip people off & pay the fellow drakian back the funds floated to start his crap goop bidnezz. Hurry, like a good boy now.....
Until I read this.
D-nymph wrote: You probably were too high to remember.
Thanks D-nymph!

Let that be a lesson to you kids to stay off drugs.
Last edited by Glista on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Ginseng Sullivan
#446258
salmo stop being a cunt just for the sake of it. it's just fuckin boring and old. read what i wrote dickhead. if you still disagree then yeah fuck you. you only have one other cunt friend cause of who YOU are. that has nothing to do with me. you're current slander is a perfect example. you are lying in the bed you made. all you are here now is a troll, that's why you and larry are buddies. yeah yeah make it all about me...it's my fault somehow, whatever.

willi now that i think about it, you are the first one to bring up the two hand thing. it has nothing to do with this really.

i'll say it again, catch them any way you want. I DO NOT FUCKIN CARE. spin, pin or spear but if you call it fly fishing there better be a fly tied on.

yeah that's a definition you should all be up in arms over. think about it ferchissakes.
User avatar
By Salmotrutta
#446268
D-nymph wrote:
Salmotrutta wrote:Wow, so glad I never joined the ranks of peoples who think other peoples fishing is so stupid. Fishing is cool, fuck you for thinking any fishing is a bad thing. fucking asshats.
That's pretty funny. This site has more than a few posts by you busting on foam and egg flies and the people who choose to fish them or tie them. You probably were too high to remember. :coffee

You calling me high? Wow! I don't do the drugs, or are you too high to remember? Egg flies are pretty ghey, as is foam & I'd never fish a bead either. I don't care for pinners but that's because they act like the spey guys. Better than everyone, blah blah.

I WOULDN'T go as far as to call an upstanding member such as kp out for catching real steel on any of those though. Shame.
User avatar
By Woolybug25
#446273
Salmotrutta wrote:
D-nymph wrote:
Salmotrutta wrote:Wow, so glad I never joined the ranks of peoples who think other peoples fishing is so stupid. Fishing is cool, fuck you for thinking any fishing is a bad thing. fucking asshats.
That's pretty funny. This site has more than a few posts by you busting on foam and egg flies and the people who choose to fish them or tie them. You probably were too high to remember. :coffee

You calling me high? Wow! I don't do the drugs, or are you too high to remember? Egg flies are pretty ghey, as is foam & I'd never fish a bead either. I don't care for pinners but that's because they act like the spey guys. Better than everyone, blah blah.

I WOULDN'T go as far as to call an upstanding member such as kp out for catching real steel on any of those though. Shame.
Thats funny considering people that have actually met you talk about your issues with pain meds. Those are drugs, you know. It's also funny that you act like you hate foam and eggs, but you have posted reports of fishing with both.

You just post to piss people off, let's be real about it. You're not kidding anybody, and it's been a real long time since anyone on here other than Larry thought of you as anything but a fat, marginally employed, idiot-troll. If your life is that pathetic that you want to come on here and hang with the second biggest dumbass on here (larry) and scream "FOADIAF" after every post, then go ahead. It's only wasting your time, because most of us quite enjoy the entertainment at your expense.

Btw, remember that one time when you tried to join a streamer swap and everyone collectively kicked you out for being awful at tying? Ahhhhh.... The good ol' days.
By Willi
#446278
Glista wrote:
Did I say it was a problem? Did I say I thought one was better than the other? Were in my post did you get that I was judging anyone?

Sorry to point this out Willi, but you seem to be way over sensitive about this. Got some bad shit going on in your life right now or something?

Maybe I'm misreading you but how is this not judging someone by the equipment they use?

"It seems to me that the more sophisticated an angler’s equipment is the more likely he is to be into the entire experience of fishing and not just to catch fish. I’m not saying there aren’t guys with pinning outfits that are into the entire experience but it is more likely they are there to just catch fish."

My posts weren't specifically at you and SLSS. You're just the two who directly answered my post. My post was more a reaction comments on KP's Steelhead thread and comments on other threads by two handers.

And Ginseng - defining fly fishing is not as straight forward as you make it but discussing "what is fly fishing" is about as boring and as productive as discussing the best 5 weight.

And Glista thanks for the concern but I'm doing fine, well maybe just a bit bored.

Willi
User avatar
By Ginseng Sullivan
#446287
i'm not "defining fly fishing" i'm just pretty sure that if someone did, it would include a fly. i'm not willing to go much further than that for a definition though.

come on, Fly Fishing. get it?

do they throw "spins" with spin rods? no they don't. i rest my case. :bomb

and you know, this wasn't supposed to be a discussion. i just wanted to bag on it without any real thinking or seriousness.

fuckin buzz kills, all of ya.

edit, yay it's willi's 600th post! :cheer :cheer :cheer
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 613
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Where are my fucking flies you gd degenerates? I[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. Thanks for all you do for us on t[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Black Pearl Dabbler https://l[…]

perhaps we need to revisit the paparazzi thread...

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine