A Confession

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Re: A Confession

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:55 pm

confession/la confession: I just heard a canadian order a skinny something or other with 3/4 sugar.

relates: how do I know he's a 'stani?

elates: he's got shit all over him.

lates: as usual.

sate: how embarrassing. bc no doubt.
9 out of 10 entomologists fucking well aren't.

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:06 pm

mitch aka 2 fish wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm
tale: anything in my teeth?
Teeth? I thought you pulled them all out.

augustwest

Post by augustwest » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm
I haven't prepared anything, so please don't tell me you're coming to Norcal again.
nothing to see here, mitch, move along.
SF_billboard_that_mitch_dreams_about.jpg
SF_billboard_that_mitch_dreams_about.jpg (137.96 KiB) Viewed 575 times
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

RFA

Post by RFA » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm

I watch a ton of videos on youtube.

Every single hobby has varying levels of involvement, cliques, if you will.

I am watching a metal detector aficionados videos right now. They took a trip to the forests outside of Berlin to find old war relics. I have to say, it's quite entertaining. There is even a hierarchy of talent in the group, a friendly jockeying for position, if you will. They were finding legitimately interesting things, like rifles, and coins. Italian coins, in Berlin.

This all being said, fly fishing videos are some of the most boring things ever created. Watching someone else fish is even worse than watching golf, because golf at least has competition going for it, and it's good for taking naps(all the hushed voices and white noise, muffled lawnmowers in the background).
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 am

Fishing movies are soooo bad.

RFA

Post by RFA » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 am
Ummm, yeah!

I think this may be some veiled inside joke....I am not experienced in the ways of this place anymore.

Real life confession:

I turned 44 in September, which now makes me almost 60. I began noticing a drying up of ideas for things about 5 years ago, and I always blamed it on the text message age. For someone as long-winded and self important as myself, it killed my trade, my talent. As the months and years have worn on, I am starting to realize that it is not any lack of ideas coming out of my brain, but the realization that most of them have been said or done before. This leads me to ask, why try to get attention while trying to pass them off as new, what is the point? I even joined instagram, for about 2 months. One day into the second month, I asked myself "why"? Then deleted my account. That, mixed with the ever-declining need for affirmation, is why people who age fade off into obscurity. I already realize that attention seeking is a wasted exercise, and I'm only 44. I can only imagine what a 65 year old must feel in regards to this topic.

Aging is interesting, it's not bad. I wish I hadn't burned so many bridges for so little a result earlier, I wasted so many opportunities being an alpha male. That doesn't apply to any of you, however. I look back on those as some of my greatest achievements, especially Campnutz.

The simple stuff you learn in life also plays in. I spend my time thinking of things like " What is more efficient, using cold tap water in a pan to cook my noodles, or pouring hot water out of the tap into the pot. You are gaining efficiency by using a EnergySaver appliance to get you half way to the goal, but even moving that pot to the stovetop loses darn near 10% of the heat saved!

I just order out and watch All in the Family.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm

RFA wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm
I watch a ton of videos on YouTube
Is this the new reading?
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm

RFA wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 am
Ummm, yeah!

I think this may be some veiled inside joke....I am not experienced in the ways of this place anymore.

Real life confession:

I turned 44 in September, which now makes me almost 60. I began noticing a drying up of ideas for things about 5 years ago, and I always blamed it on the text message age. For someone as long-winded and self important as myself, it killed my trade, my talent. As the months and years have worn on, I am starting to realize that it is not any lack of ideas coming out of my brain, but the realization that most of them have been said or done before. This leads me to ask, why try to get attention while trying to pass them off as new, what is the point? I even joined instagram, for about 2 months. One day into the second month, I asked myself "why"? Then deleted my account. That, mixed with the ever-declining need for affirmation, is why people who age fade off into obscurity. I already realize that attention seeking is a wasted exercise, and I'm only 44. I can only imagine what a 65 year old must feel in regards to this topic.

Aging is interesting, it's not bad. I wish I hadn't burned so many bridges for so little a result earlier, I wasted so many opportunities being an alpha male. That doesn't apply to any of you, however. I look back on those as some of my greatest achievements, especially Campnutz.

The simple stuff you learn in life also plays in. I spend my time thinking of things like " What is more efficient, using cold tap water in a pan to cook my noodles, or pouring hot water out of the tap into the pot. You are gaining efficiency by using a EnergySaver appliance to get you half way to the goal, but even moving that pot to the stovetop loses darn near 10% of the heat saved!

I just order out and watch All in the Family.
Smells like mid-life crisis.

If you're in need of a life coach, here's the link.

https://www.drakemag.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... life+coach

-G-

Post by -G- » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 am

Average Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Smells like mid-life crisis
Menopause, if you will.

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:15 am

RFA wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:38 pm
alpha male
{*snort*}
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Eider

Post by Eider » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:37 pm

I'm shopping for a new not so expensive spinning rod for throwing hardware to replace a rod I broke after foul hooking a carp and being stupid. I have an old Fenwick HMG 7' 4wt and I love that rod. So, I was looking at what options Fenwick has in HMG spinning rods.

Reviews is rarely helpful, but sometimes enjoyable. I scrolled through a bunch of not helpful reviews made more legit by pictures of people holding dead fish. I fall upon a picture of a small slink brown trout that I swear I've seen before. Lo and behold, the review was written by the legendary Len Harris.

Is anywhere safe?

-G-

Post by -G- » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Confession: Mixel has the highest ratio of best smelling to worst tasting of all booze in the entire world.