All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
By stripstrike
I wasn't sure were else to post this question, so I come to the Drake for enlightenment. I am not a boatish person. I have an inflatable raft that I paddle around with collapsible oars and flippers.
What. The. Fuck. is going on with the US Navy? Can someone please explain to me how you run a guided missile destroyer into another ship? Twice? You would think these people might be on their fucking toes after the first one, yes? Yet we trust them with nuclear weapons?
:bomb Don't they have people on watch or something, to make sure they don't run into shit? Radar?
By rampant
After reading that I would think that the navy is 100% responsible. It's like driving a dark car down the freeway at night without lights on and expecting everyone else to get out of your way.
By Spudnik
rampant wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm After reading that I would think that the navy is 100% responsible. It's like driving a dark car down the freeway at night without lights on and expecting everyone else to get out of your way.
Uh, yeah? So they should know to watch out for a dark car with no lights on.
By Redchaser
Even if the other ship couldn't see the Navy ship, the Navy Ship damn well should have been aware of the other if they were watching the damn radar. I know here, when there is a maritime accident, the USCG operates on a "Blame To Go Around" basis. Even if the give way vessel flat rammed the stand on vessel, the stand on vessel will be assigned a portion of the blame for not taking enough action to get the hell out of the way.
By stripstrike
Spudnik wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 am
rampant wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm After reading that I would think that the navy is 100% responsible. It's like driving a dark car down the freeway at night without lights on and expecting everyone else to get out of your way.
Uh, yeah? So they should know to watch out for a dark car with no lights on.
Yes they should. That is their primary job, right? The "enemies" sure won't have their fucking headlights on.
By mebrown54
"If it's gray stay the fuck away" written in bold in all maritime manuals. The US Navy is known for its erratic lane changes. Think 70 year old Asia driving 40 miles an hour who decides to move into the carpool lane from the slow lane.
By fatman
mebrown54 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am Think 70 year old Asia driving 40 miles an hour who decides to move into the carpool lane from the slow lane.
Thin asshat in a cape and thumbring pissin' on the fire

tits and pie or GTFO

The fucking Drake. Righteous :cool

LA Marsh......TR

:smile

The Drake is Dead, Long Live The Drake. W[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

"Led Zepellin? you like fast Led Zepellin […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine